Food Expeditor (2023-11021)
Responsible for assisting kitchen and bar staff and delivering menu items from the kitchen, when done, for the restaurant, in order to contribute to a smooth operation.
- Expedite food/menu items from the kitchen prep area to the guests in the dining area, as well as bar patrons. May be asked to assist bus persons to clear all used tableware, napkins and refuse from tables to tubs in bus station; wipes tables and chairs; clear debris from floor areas surrounding the tables; resets tables in accordance with established standards in order to seat new customers as quickly as possible.
- Retrieves cleaned dishes, glassware and utensils from the kitchen area and distributes to each service station for future use.
- During a guest visit, may be asked to fill water glasses if time allows, refilling customers\' non-alcoholic beverages, accommodating requests for additional condiments, clean or fresh tableware, etc.
- Restocks and replenishes food service supplies; continually strives to assist in maintaining a clean, presentable, and attractive restaurant. Assists with the movement of foodstuffs from lower terminal to kitchen area.
- Responsible for keeping the kitchen area clean and organized.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
**NECESSARY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE**
- Ability to meet time and attendance requirements.
- Ability to work all different shifts including holidays and weekends.
- Ability to handle stress under pressure.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Ability to learn, understand, and follow oral and written instructions/directions.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other employees.
- Ability to work directly with the public, providing information and assistance on a daily basis.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability/willingness to learn and pass on to guests those areas of interest to visitors, such as local history, people, culture, geography, etc.
**MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)**
- Ability to successfully pass a background check.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
**PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)**
- Current CPR and first aid certificates.
- Drug testing may be required.
- State of Alaska Food Worker Card.
- Ability to work productively and quickly and learn the practices and techniques of expediting properly.
Routine movement in/out of an aerial tramway cabin as part of an aerial tramway and lift operation at an 1800 ft. elevation;exposed to inclement weather conditions (rain, wind, snow) constant public interaction and communication; constant exposure to extreme heights; periodic exposure to dangerous equipment during emergency evacuations or power failures.
Standard restaurant environment; constant movement (standing, walking, bending, etc.) in a noisy environment during shift; physically strenuous, with physical ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. The Tram is a non-smoking facility with designated outside-smoking areas.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor\
We are a government contractor or subcontractor to the United States government and are subject to the equal employment opportunity obligations of the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended (VEVRAA).\
We are an equal opportunity employer.\
Preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants who meet minimum requirements according to the provisions of P.L. 93-638.\