Are you passionate about sustainable agriculture, hospitality and cheese?
Do you love the beauty of West Marin?
Then join our fun and hardworking team at The Fork, Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Company’s Culinary & Educational Center!
100% Women-Owned by Giacomini sisters, Jill, Lynn and Diana, and located just 3 miles north of Point Reyes Station (40 minutes from Petaluma, Novato and San Anselmo) on Highway 1, Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Company (PRFC) is known for its award-winning artisan cheeses. PRFC offers a truly unique work environment -- one where the employees work hard, have fun and enjoy very special (and delicious) benefits.
HOW WE ARE PROTECTING OUR EMPLOYEES
At Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented additional processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized daily.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing employees additional paid time off and adhere to all state and federal time off leaves for a confirmed case of COVID-19.
As a condition of employment we ask that you attest that you have been vaccinated for Covid-19 unless you have a medical or sincerely held religious belief that exempts you from getting vaccinated.
The Fork Server is responsible for providing friendly, engaging and exceptional customer service to every guest. Responsibilities include delivering food and beverages in a timely manner, clearing tables, describing Point Reyes Farmstead cheeses and accompaniments and assisting other team members with various duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist with the complete setup and breakdown of the event area.
- Greeting and seating customers.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and awareness of sanitary practices.
- Anticipate guests’ needs and exceed customer service expectations.
- Maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicating any food allergy or special nutrition needs to kitchen staff.
- Respond urgently and appropriately to any concerns.
- Present in professional appearance and mannerisms.
- Clearing tables and associated clean-up.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Friendly, outgoing and confident
- Effective and professional verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented with an ability to multitask
- Availability to work varied shifts, including some nights, weekends and holidays
- Polished appearance and demeanor
- Previous serving experience preferred
- Must have basic math skills
This job operates in a kitchen, dining room and outdoor patio environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, bend, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to regularly lift 50 lbs.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED DAYS OF WORK
Part Time Position 2 days a week 12-16 hours – Will include Saturdays and some evenings (scheduled in advance).
The law makes it illegal to discriminate against someone based on race, color, religion, national origin, or sex. The law also makes it illegal to retaliate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit. The law also requires that employers reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' sincerely held religious practices, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the employer's business.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.