Position title: Front Desk Attendant – Best Western Kirkwood Inn
Attend to guests courteously and deal promptly with their requests and queries.
Have detailed information about the hotel and city. Allocate rooms to all arriving guests after checking the guest preferences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome guests during check-in and provide a fond farewell at checkout.
- Handle guest complaints and concerns in an efficient and timely manner.
- Coordinate and multi-task job duties in a busy environment.
- Should possess detailed information about the Hotel, city as well as the competition.
- Act upon requests regarding arrivals and room requirements.
- Provide excellent customer service as per hotel standards.
- Provide information regarding the Hotel, town attractions, activities etc.
- Maintain up-to date information on room rates, current promotions, offers and packages
- Maintain all guest registration in the manner instructed.
- Co-ordinate with housekeeping for clearing of rooms.
- Perform basic cashier activities as and when required.
- Ensure that all check-ins and check-outs are handled smoothly without unnecessary delay or discomfort to any guest.
- Give proper and complete handover to the next shift
- Should be able to handle all guests without bias or prejudice.
- Follow the house rules and policies as detailed in handbook.
- Report to work in required uniform and in adherence with the Hotel’s Dress Code Policy.
- Consciously and continuously strive to better his/ her skills and increase his/her knowledge.
- Good command of the English language is essential, both written and verbal
- Must possess strong organization time management skills, attention to detail.
- Must be guest service focused and a team player.
- Positive attitude and outgoing personality are essential.
- Must be able to work shifts - days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to relate well to hotel guests and employees.
- Professional in demeanor and presentation.
- Personable, enthusiastic, self-motivated, and able to work independently.
- Observant, discriminating and detail-oriented.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Good guest interaction skills.
Good listening skills.
Sound decision making.
Good interpersonal and communication skills.
High school diploma or equivalent. Must be able to read, speak, write, and
understand the primary language used in the workplace. His/her behavior and
personal appearance will always be geared to the objective of being an example
to all other staff within the hotel. He/she will strive to use a polite language and be
well-groomed in his/her relationship with the hotel guests, colleagues and staff.