Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address critical challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, productivity, global urbanization and energy. With approximately 129,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, Honeywell has an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything they make and do. Honeywell has been named a Top 100 Global Innovator for seven years in a row, recognizing the company's global reach of portfolio and invention influence.
In Kansas City, Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies (FM&T) manages and operates the U.S. Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security Administration's (NNSA) Kansas City National Security Campus.This state-of-the-art engineering, manufacturing, and sourcing facility produces a wide array of intricate components to deliver trusted national security products and government services primarily for the NNSA.Honeywell FM&T's culture of integrity, commitment and continuous improvement enables them to deliver responsive, collaborative, and innovative management and technology services and products that translate into cutting edge solutions to complex national security issues.
***This position will be in Kansas City, MO***
The Software Engineer III will be a key member of the Digital Product Realization Enterprise team. Our specific mission is to attain, manage, and connect trusted digital models for confident reuse throughout product lifecycle actitivties. Our vision is a transformation to a part-centric, model-based enterprise to improve product quality and product realization efficiency. As a member of the team, you will work on cross platform integrations that maintain design intent with the demands of manufacturing. You will work in a collaborative research and development environment that prioritizes workplace flexibility and encourages people to learn, discover and explore new ways to identify solutions and overcome mission critical challenges.
Summary of Duties:
You Must Have:
- Help meet our mission and vision by identifying data processes through various manufacturing systems (Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), etc.) and work to integrate/automate them within our Product Data Management system using APIs or other plugins
- Build a platform for various reports using applications like Apex, Windchill Navigate, Java, Python, Mulesoft, Openshift
- Act as a mentor to junior level software engineers
- Develop design architecture, code sequences and solutions, debug (because its rarely perfect the first time), perform testing throughout the application development process
- U.S. citizenship required in order to obtain and maintain government security clearance
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other equivalent
- ABET accredited Engineering program
- 4+ years of progressive work experience
- Front-end user interface and connectivity
- Experience creating GUI applications
- Thingworx experience
- Knowledge of software engineering design, coding, debugging, testing and troubleshooting
techniques, across all phases of an application development lifecycle
- Experience in translating system performance and operational specifications from software requirements, design, and test specifications
- Experience leading teams of engineers to accomplish complex software development projects
- Goal oriented, a positive, can-do, get the job done attitude
- JOB ID: req397330
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 9221 Ward Parkway,Kansas City,Missouri,64114,United States
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
Community / Marketing Title:
Front End Software Developer
Kansas City, Missouri US