· Track record of building engineering teams with deep involvement in hiring process and demonstrated ability to distinguish between moderate and great engineers.
· Effective communication of technical status reports, roadmaps, incidents and other engineering events to non-technical stakeholders.
· Track record of coaching, mentoring and growing engineers to become leaders and managers.
· Experience managing software development, helping finetune estimates, honing definitions of done, and improving quality of output and time to delivery.
· Track record of successfully leading engineering teams that deliver outstanding web & mobile products in the consumer Internet space.
· Fluency in a wide breadth of technologies and proven ability to step outside of a welldefined “technology footprint” to lead multiple teams & functions. Experience managing a PHP/MSSQL stack is a plus.
· Technical acumen and experience necessary to absorb technical details to confidently sign off on architectures of the products and features built by the team.
· Track record of implementing engineering best practices of TDD, Test Automation, modular designs, designing for “roll forward” and “roll back” etc. to be successful in a highly Agile environment.
· Solid understanding of modern architectures for web applications. Track record of interaction with services, events, caching, monitoring & alerting.
· Familiar with the concepts and practices behind DevOps to encourage ownership about all the life cycles of an application, collaboration with other teams, and the constant improvement of processes with the right toolset.
· Success managing a technical environment in the cloud (AWS is preferred).
· Experienced with SQL Server Database development and troubleshooting. Good understanding of relational databases. Knowledge about non-relational databases is a plus.
· Success in implementing Continuous Delivery.
· Track record of leadership in driving and managing change showing excellent communication skills, partnership skills and ability to inspire engineers.
· Experience managing offshore resources will be considered a plus.