Job Description SummaryThe General Manager of Sales and Commercial Operations Offshore Wind North America will be responsible for defining and executing the commercial strategy for Offshore Wind in North America, with the goal to create a sustainable and profitable business with strong growth, operating margin and free cash flow generation. You will lead the key account relationship in your assigned territory, will develop winning proposals including technology, financing, project execution and services activities for complex Offshore Wind generation projects. You will also define our advocacy plans with key decision makers of the complex Offshore business ecosystem. You will become a key business partner for the entire Offshore organization including Product Line, Global Supply Chain, Government Relations, Project Management, Services and Human Resources. You will build and lead a regional commercial team, and coordinate the efforts of the global support functions outside the region. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong executive presence, good customer relationships and access to the C-Suite.
GE Renewable Energy is one of the world's leading offshore wind energy companies, with a portfolio of offshore wind turbines ranging from 6 MW to 14 MW that offer increased value to customers with proven performance, reliability, efficiency and availability. We have invested more than $400 million to develop the Haliade-X, an investment that will also drive down offshore wind farms’ levelized cost of energy, helping make offshore wind energy more competitive for our customers. The Haliade-X was the industry’s first 14MW offshore wind turbine to operate, and is the only 12+MW offshore wind turbine platform that has been operating for over two years, specifically at its Rotterdam prototype site.
- Develop sales strategies for the Offshore Wind business in North America, with a focus on agreed major utilities, local developers & IPPs
- Support operating planning and forecasting; execute on assigned operating plan to assure that business achieves growth, orders and cash targets
- Identify, qualify and develop opportunities driving growth and set up a consistent orders management plan, including proposals and customer requests
- Build influential relationships with assigned customers at all levels and develop strategies to win profitable business from those customers
- Develop customer account mapping and strategies and pursuit / campaign plans
- Direct major cross functional campaigns and pursuits for regional channel management
- Identify, develop and leverage financial constructs to support strategic bids
- Develop a view on focus projects
- Use SalesForce to track and update opportunities
- Demonstrate commercial and technical expertise within the Power Generation segment
- Support strategy and growth initiatives for the Offshore Wind business
- Lead negotiations as needed to close deals
- Align customer requirements and business risk and financial profiles
- Demonstrate domain expertise and exceptional networking and communication skills.
- Provide Voice of Customer (VOC) feedback to the Strategic Marketing and Product Line teams
- Participate in quality initiatives within ITO to drive process rigor, NPS, and other improvements in the overall ITO process Partner with Product Line and Commercial Operations to drive revenue and contribution margin growth in services
- Demonstrate strong leadership in terms of managing, growing and developing the local team
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 8 years of significant experience in Sales, Account Management or Commercial role
- Wind market knowledge and relevant experience in Power Generation and/or Offshore Wind industry
- Demonstrated sales and leadership skills
- Experience building strategic relationships in B-t-B environment
- Strong communication skills and confidence with executive level presentations
- Experience managing and motivating in a cross functional matrix environment
- Strong interpersonal, team building, and negotiation skills; ability to work with colleagues and customers at all levels of the organizations
- This job will be based in Boston (MA) or Schenectady (NY)
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes