At CDM Smith, we make the world a better place. We design facilities that provide clean drinking water for communities. We design facilities that treat wastewater and improve the quality of water in our lakes, rivers, and harbors. We help major cities plan and implement transit projects. As a full-time Geotechnical/Geothermal Engineer you will have the opportunity to become a part of a collaborative multidisciplinary team of technical experts working on challenging projects in Environment, Industry, Transportation, and Water.
The successful candidate will have experience working on geothermal energy projects for municipal, industrial, federal and utility companies as well as well as strong background and experience in geotechnical engineering for large civil types of projects throughout the northeastern United Sates. As a member of our Infrastructure Services Group, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
- Functioning as a technical specialist competent in design and construction works for geothermal well fields and geothermal ground modeling working within a multi-disciplined engineering and construction environment.
- Serving as a senior engineer, project discipline lead, or task manager on projects involving district-scale geothermal systems and on other on complex civil engineering projects.
- Guide the team on producing planning studies, design analysis, reports, drawings, and specifications for geothermal and civil projects.
- Involvement and familiarity with energy modeling for buildings and communities.
- Coordinating and reviewing the work of junior engineers.
- Overseeing the planning and execution of subsurface investigations including field and laboratory services for projects of this type including geothermal well insitu testing.
- Performing engineering analyses and evaluations for geothermal projects.
- Writing geotechnical engineering reports.
- Providing services during construction on projects involving installation of geothermal well fields and underground piping systems.
- Preparing scope, schedules, and budgets for proposals.
- Managing projects, subcontractors, and geotechnical engineering and MEP staff on multi-disciplined projects and working within a multi-disciplined team environment.
- Acting as a mentor for junior level employees.Minimum Qualifications
-Bachelor's degree in Geotechnical, Civil, Mining or Geologic Engineering or related discipline.
-Professional engineering (PE) license. 7 years of related experience.
-Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
-Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.Preferred Qualifications
- Master's degree in Civil Engineering with Geotechnical Engineering emphasis, or Engineering Geology/Mining Engineering.
- Experience in all types of subsurface explorations, laboratory testing, foundation engineering, analysis, engineering report writing, preparation of contract documents.
- Certified IGSHPA Geothermal Designer, Accredited Installer, Certified Geothermal Inspector strongly preferred.
--Experienced in using GLD software and other geotechnical engineering software such as Seep-W, Slope-W, Temp-W and similar,
Experience with design of underground piping and geothermal vaults.EEO Statement
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.Agency Disclaimer
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.Skills and Abilities
Expert Knowledge of computer assisted design and drafting (CADD) 3D and 4D software and practices. Expert Knowledge of engineer principles of design. Expert Knowledge of Microsoft business software (excel, word, etc.). Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Expert knowledge of federal, state and local regulations.Background Check and Drug Testing Information
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.Additional Compensation
All bonuses at CDM Smith are discretionary and may or may not apply to this position.