Join the Origis Energy Team!
Origis Energy is bringing clean and cost effective solar and energy storage solutions within reach for utility, commercial, industrial and public sector clients. The Origis team has worked to ensure the interests of all stakeholders are upheld in 170 projects worldwide totaling over 4 gigawatts to date of developed solar and energy storage capacity.
The Origis team, regarded as one of the leading developers in the U.S., is committed to living five core values in all interactions both with each other and external stakeholders:
Solve for Tomorrow. A role with Origis Energy puts you at the forefront of the transition to clean energy. Are you ready to bring new ideas? Do you exist to find solutions? That’s how we revolutionize energy and build a carbon-free future - through unmatched service and relentless innovation.
Rise Together. To succeed here, you’ll collaborate with others and work as one team, across various teams including solar and energy storage development, financing, engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) and operations, maintenance and asset management. Are you open to diverse perspectives and prepared to work seamlessly across disciplines to reach our collective goals?
Perform at Peak. We’re seeking team members who bring authentic energy and passion to every task. How can you use your natural strengths, genuine optimism and intelligence to make your greatest contributions to Origis?
Inspire & Grow. The Origis team is comprised of knowledgeable, passionate solar and energy storage experts who bring deep expertise and solution-driven thinking to clients. A successful Origis team member encourages others and sets a high bar for growth. We have a culture of continuous improvement because each team member takes the role of both learner and mentor.
Be Resilient. The spirit in which we tackle the energy challenges and objectives of our clients means we consistently stretch for the extra mile. We all take initiative and remain adaptable, overcoming obstacles by prioritizing respect.
The Grid Power Analyst, Business Development position, reporting to the VP Business Development, will support the Grid Power Vice President and team in developing go-to-market strategies, leading special projects, and supporting the overall Business Development team in general analysis of opportunities, preparation of proposals, and bringing opportunities to execution. The Analyst will work closely with an experienced and successful Business Development team, with the intention to grow into a Business Development Manager over time. The role involves working across all business units, including project development, power marketing, interconnection, and M&A, to develop clean energy solutions that enable our strategic customers to meet their sustainability goals. Experience with U.S. market analysis, project pricing, project modeling, reporting, proposal writing, and overall knowledge of the renewable project development life cycle is preferred.
The Grid Power Analyst, Business Development is a regular, full-time position, and is eligible for our generous employee benefits package, including employer paid health insurance, paid time off, a 401(k) plan with employer matching contributions, and other great benefits. This position requires an individual to be based out of our Miami or San Diego office.
- Analyze ISO/RTO/U.S. markets, customer sustainability goals, and customer data in order to evaluate the market potential by customer for clean energy projects
- Research policy, incentives, construction code, taxes, etc. for various markets
- Conduct project modeling to creatively structure customer offerings in order to maximize the benefit to the customer
- Support Business Development team in RFP responses and proposal preparation, meeting preparation, post-proposal customer follow-up, and execution of awarded opportunities
- Recommend process improvement and develop templates integral to the commercial team’s success
- In this role, you will work with experienced analysts, project developers, and the business development/commercial team towards our contract execution and deployment goals•
- Interact regularly with finance, engineering, procurement, construction, and operations & maintenance teams to develop compelling customer value propositions for opportunities
- Have a working knowledge of solar and energy storage project development, including land, permitting, and interconnection processes
- Understanding customers and Origis ESG goals and activities
- Manage vendors and project budgets through SAP system
- BS and/or BA
- Experience and general understanding of the U.S. utility scale solar and energy storage markets
- 2-5 years experience working for a solar or energy storage developer or working for an investor-owned utility with experience working with renewable project developers or leading development activities at the utility
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills, including advanced Excel skills
- Strong growth mindset; able to learn new topics, tools, and processes quickly
- Have exceptional communication skills
- Have exceptional organizational skills
- Experience in creating customer presentations
- Experience with CRM platforms
Key Attributes for Success
- Detail-oriented, highly organized
- Analytical; creativity in problem solving
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to multi-task and manage tight timelines and budgets
- Effective in managing multiple stakeholders and within cross functional team
Location Miami, FL
Travel Up to 20% travel required as necessary
Job Level Analyst – no direct reports
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Origis Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOC) and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences as that is what makes our employees unique. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.