Qualifications for Position:
- Landscaping and general lawn maintenance experience.
- Knowledge in using mowers, weed eaters, rakes, shovels, etc.
- Enjoy working outside.
- Able to work independently; self-motivated.
- Able to stoop and bend.
- Able to stand for extended periods.
- Able to work in spite of allergies to grass, plants, flowers, pollen, etc.
- Able to work outdoors.
- Able to distinguish between colors and have sufficient hearing to work safely and cooperatively
- Able to lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
Expected Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work with, and assist the Campus Grounds staff in their daily duties.
- Consider the other staff, faculty and residents we serve by practicing cleanliness and
- orderliness in all work areas.
- Work with Campus Grounds crew on special projects and tasks.
To maintain in good function and appearance all assigned areas bearing in mind that the work of your hands is done as "an acceptable sacrifice to the Lord", and therefore becoming a strong witness to your faith and consideration of all others on campus.
Work Habits (with the alignment of Core Values)
The College asks from its staff members the following fundamental work habits:
- Do good work. (Service, Diligence, Faithfulness)
- Take ownership of your job. (Selflessness, Diligence, Resourcefulness, Enterprising, Creative)
- Be punctual. (Service, Diligence, Integrity, Faithfulness)
- Dress professionally and appropriately for your job. (Humility)
- Makes suggestions when appropriate. (Resourcefulness, Enterprising, and Creative)
- Communicate openly and honestly. Seek to resolve differences in accordance with the scriptural patterns summarized in the Staff Manual policy on Fair Treatment as well as the Grievance and Appeals Procedure. (Integrity, Faithfulness)
- Attend chapel services at least once per week, on average. (Integrity, Faithfulness)
Covenant College Students