As a pioneer in digital outdoor navigation with a suite of apps, onX was founded in Montana, which in turn has inspired our mission to awaken the adventurer inside everyone. With more than 300 employees located around the country working in largely remote / hybrid roles, we have created regional “Basecamps” to help remote employees find connection and inspiration with other onXers. We bring our outdoor passion to work every day, coupling it with industry-leading technology to craft dynamic outdoor experiences.
Through multiple years of growth, we haven’t lost our entrepreneurial ethos at onX. We offer a fast-paced, growing, tech-forward environment where ownership, accountability, and passion for winning as a team are essential. We value diversity and believe it leads to different perspectives and inspires both new adventures and new growth. As a team, we’re hungry to improve, value innovation, and believe great ideas come from any direction.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Growth Marketing Specialist - Digital Advertising is an exciting opening on the User Acquisition team that will help drive significant growth and business impact. Supporting both the onX Hunt and onX Offroad apps, you’ll own several digital advertising channels including Meta, Snapchat, and Google AC, and will work closely with the Growth Marketing Managers to bring campaigns to life across various channels. This role is highly entrepreneurial and has the ability to add on additional channels and responsibility as able.
Who You Are:
- Social Ads Digital Marketer. You've managed paid social campaigns across major platforms including Meta and Snapchat and likely have done so for web-based campaigns. You have experience optimizing creatives & tactical strategies, making campaign and backend optimizations, and managing budgets.
- Hypothesis and Test Driven. You’ve had hands-on experience creating hypothesis-driven tests. From testing new creative concepts to segmenting audiences, you’re curious about user engagement and work with stakeholders like designers and copywriters to come up with tests that reveal meaningful insights.
- Strong Communicator and Team Player. You know that paid user acquisition requires a high degree of interpersonal and written skills to execute and report on a campaign. When you spot an opportunity, you collaborate with designers, copywriters, & other stakeholders to make it a reality. When there’s a win, you understand that the success of one channel requires the support of others and you share wins across the greater team.
- Customer and Product Curious. You’re able to communicate examples in your past when the quality of your digital marketing campaign depended on deeply understanding your audiences. Perhaps this was a target market that you were uniquely qualified to understand, or maybe the audience was entirely foreign to you. Whichever the case, you needed to understand personas in order to deliver personalized marketing.
As a Growth Marketing Specialist, your essential job duties and responsibilities will look like:
- Channel Support. You’ll work with the Growth Marketing Managers to ideate and execute campaign optimizations and creative uploading for paid digital advertising channels on both onX Hunt and onX Offroad. These will include, but not limited to as needs change, Meta, Snapchat, and Google AC.
- Product Marketing. You’ll work with a variety of stakeholders to produce seasonal creative and video content that supports your channels. To successfully do so, you’ll need to deeply understand the product marketing and audience considerations for both onX Hunt and onX Offroad customer bases.
- Partner with Hunt and Offroad Growth Marketing Managers. You’ll work closely with the Growth Marketing Managers to implement the paid user acquisition strategy for onX Hunt and Offroad. This will include providing recommendations for opportunities and challenges on behalf of the channels you manage in relation to the overall strategy.
- Analyze and Report Findings. You’ll provide timely and frequent communications with relevant stakeholders to ensure that the business is utilizing digital marketing data for strategic decision making.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 2 or more years of professional experience directly managing and implementing social digital ad campaigns including Meta and Snapchat.
- General understanding of various attribution and tracking methods.
- Ability to track budgets and set goals using a bottoms-up approach.
- Superior writing, attention to detail, and communication experience with a variety of stakeholders including upper management and non-user acquisition team members.
- Self-starter with the ability to find solutions for unstructured problems.
- Statistical and critical thinking skills.
- Team-first approach in all aspects. Highly collaborative and seeks to build relationships.
- Mobile marketing experience on behalf of an app.
- Google AC digital marketing experience.
- TikTok paid digital marketing experience.
- Experience using analytics and marketing platforms such as GA4, Amplitude, and mParticle.
- Experience working with various DSPs and traditional mobile ad networks.
- Enjoys hunting or offroading as a hobby; Understanding of the hunting or offroading industries.
WHERE YOU CAN WORK
onX has created a thriving distributed workforce community across several US locations. This position can only be performed from an onX corporate office, “Basecamp,” or “Talent Cluster.”
- Corporate Offices: onX’s was founded in Montana with offices in Missoula and Bozeman. If you prefer to work in an office at least part of the time this is a great option.
- Basecamps: onX’s Basecamps are established virtual workforce communities where a sizable number of distributed team members group for work, volunteering, socializing, and adventure.
- Our current Basecamps are located within a 90-mile radius of the following: Austin, TX; Charlotte, NC; Denver, CO; Minneapolis, MN; Portland, OR; Salt Lake City, UT; and Seattle, WA.
- Talent Clusters: onX’s Talent Cluster locations are smaller, emerging communities of distributed team members.
- Our current Talent Clusters are located within a 60-mile radius of the following: Boise, ID; Charleston, SC; Dallas/Fort Worth, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Richmond, VA; Spokane, WA; and Vermont.
HOW YOU’LL BE COMPENSATED
WHAT WE’RE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salaries, annual bonuses, equity, and opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive health benefits including a no-monthly-cost medical plan
- Parental leave plan of 5 or 13 weeks fully paid
- 401k matching at 100% for the first 3% you save and 50% from 3-5%
- Company-wide outdoor adventures and amazing outdoor industry perks
- Annual “Get Out, Get Active” funds to fuel your active lifestyle in and outside of the gym
- Flexible time away package that includes PTO, STO, VTO, quiet weeks, and floating holidays
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Sitting - [90%]
- Standing - [0%]
- Walking - [10%]
- Bending - [Occasionally]
- Kneeling - [Some]
- Lifting - [Up to 25 pounds]
- Reaching - [Regularly]
- Telephone Use - [Yes]
- Computer Use/Manual Dexterity - Yes
- Travel - Depends on location; remote employees typically travel to Montana twice per year.
onX COMPANY VALUES
Our principles guide the decisions making of our company. They define the culture at onX, what we have learned through experience and are the code by which we operate. They are fundamental, enduring and actionable–a benchmark by which we measure the team behavior and performance.
We put the customer first.
We are passionate.
We win as a team.
We take ownership.
We work with urgency.
We are curious and seek the truth.
We innovate & take risks.
Position open until filled.
At onX, we believe that diversity makes us better. Bringing together a diverse set of backgrounds, ideas, and opinions helps us to achieve our mission to awaken the adventurer in everyone. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. onX is committed to equal opportunity not only in our hiring practices but also in our employment practices, including but not limited to development, compensation, and promotion. We strive to build an inclusive work community where everyone can be their authentic self, and together, we win as a team. Come join us!
onX is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
onX does not sell any Personal Information, but we may transfer employment related records to our service providers or third parties that provide business services to onX or as required by law. For more information, see our .