Radiant Industries is an El Segundo, CA-based startup developing Kaleidos, a portable, containerized nuclear microreactor. Portable nuclear power with rapid deploy capability can replace diesel generators used today to provide critical asset support for hospitals, datacenters, and military bases or to power microgrids at remote sites. Radiant’s unique, practical approach to nuclear development utilizes modern software engineering to rapidly achieve safe, factory-constructable microreactors leveraging existing, well-qualified materials. Radiant is on a fast track to demonstrate the first fueled operation of a new commercial nuclear reactor design, just three years from now.
Head of Business Development
Radiant is hiring its first Head of Business Development to bring its Kaleidos microreactor to market. Kaleidos is 5 years of emissions-free electric power in a box that can be used interchangeably with 1MW diesel generators. It will disrupt the way people interact with power by easing access and lowering cost to remote areas and have an immediate impact on reducing greenhouse emissions. We are looking for the person who will passionately drive the industry out of stagnation, spearheaded by mass produced fully portable microreactors. This candidate will build and own Radiant’s growth strategy, convert conversations to customer acquisitions, leverage diesel and nuclear market trends, analyze business opportunities, and develop relationships across government and commercial entities. We need someone with a track record of success leading increased growth for a new product and eagerness to creatively approach an ambiguous industry. The candidate will develop in-depth knowledge of the nuclear industry and potential customers to best position Radiant and its customer’s needs. We have ambitions to power remote communities and areas with reliable and portable nuclear energy, and require tenacity, drive, and enthusiasm for making our vision a reality.
This role reports to the Chief Operating Officer and is based in El Segundo, California.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and own the execution of a first of its kind growth strategy, including customer acquisition and building key relationships.
- Establish company-level growth milestones and objectives and consistently deliver on those milestones.
- Collaborate with executive leadership and internal stakeholders by providing insights on customer needs and emerging trends, as well as recommendations to our value proposition and potential revenue streams.
- Maintain potent partnerships with potential and existing customers, partners, and advisors.
- Lead client presentations from discovery sessions to development proposals. Always be selling.
- Design pipeline trajectory, negotiate complex contracts and agreements, and close deals.
- Develop tailored, detailed proposals, grant letters and communications both internally and externally.
- Act as an ambassador of Radiant’s mission, values, and overall brand.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution.
- 8+ years in business development or sales with proven track record.
- Ability to travel and attend in-person meetings.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- A relentless can-do anything attitude that is determine to breakthrough roadblocks
- An innate curiosity with healthy skepticism for the status quo
- Experience in end-to-end sales cycle of a complex hardware product
- Experience working with government entities.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems, start initiatives from scratch, and own projects autonomously and proactively.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Passion for our mission of making nuclear portable and the role of nuclear power in providing carbon-free and continuous energy.
- Stock: Substantial incentive stock plan for all full time, salaried employees
- Medical: 100% up to base silver level plan for employee + 50% dependents, offers up to Platinum plans.
- Vision: 100% coverage + 50% for dependents
- Dental: 100% coverage, orthodontia extra, 50% for dependents
- Voluntary Life, Accident, Hospital, Critical Illness, Commuter and FSA are offered as employee contributed benefits.
- Vacation/Sick time
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.