As a Dandelion Home Energy Rebates Clerk, you will have the opportunity to learn and gain first-hand experience in a G&A department at a renewable technology company backed by leading investors like Green Energy Ventures, Google Ventures, Comcast Ventures, NEA, and Lennar. We are looking for a driven individual with a basic understanding of utility and rebates principles and customer invoicing who is ready for real-world experience. Under the direct supervision of our Utility and Rebates Senior Manager, you can expect to participate in the preparation of rebate applications, analyze rebates and green loan data, research growth regions, support customer invoicing and collections efforts, and assist with other activities to grow the team. This is a paid, full-time role with remote work.
- Work as part of a dynamic corporate team to compile and verify data, track information, and support our day to day rebates processing
- Prepare rebate applications including compiling documents, requesting customer signatures, and reviewing application data inputs
- Monitor submitted applications for required revisions, approval progress, and collection of payment information
- Troubleshoot for missing information in applications and data discrepancies
- Project manage system wide rebate changes to ensure contracts reflect latest program offerings
- Take on additional tasks or projects to learn more about regulations and rebates in the renewable energy space
- Assist the Senior Manager of Billings and Collections with invoicing customers and identifying opportunities for process improvements
- Attend standup meetings with the Accounting team, weekly or monthly meetings with cross-department team members, and meetings with external stakeholders on an as-needed basis.
- A recent graduate of a 2- or 4-year college or university in Data, Math, Finance, Science or Engineering.
- A dedicated worker. You are efficient at completing repetitive tasks.
- Strong communication skills. You are able to form and express your opinions in a collaborative way
- Experience with Excel. You are able to create and navigate worksheets with ease. You are comfortable actively applying newly learned formulas and logic to your work with appropriate mentorship.
- Attention to detail is a must. In this role, you need to be a “safe pair of hands” - you are able to explain assumptions clearly and concisely and are proactive about asking questions when you are uncertain about the best path forward.
- Creative problem solving. You have a strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
- Prioritization and resilience. You understand when and how to manage a tight timeline while maintaining standards of excellence.
- Prior experience working with Netsuite, Tableau, or CRM software a plus
Remote Work Description:
The Clerk will be expected to attend daily stand up meetings using Google Meets, and weekly one-on-one meetings with the supervisor. Other meetings as needed will be done through Google Meets. Google Drive for access to shared documents and project folders will be utilized for collaborative remote work. Other online software access will be granted as needed for completing rebate applications and other projects.
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k plan
- Stock/Equity options
- Paid Sick and Vacation time (PTO)
- 40-hour workweek
- Training support (on-the-job and/or virtual)
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.
Since spinning out of Google X in 2017, Dandelion Energy has been an energy innovation company working to electrify home heating. We create and install geothermal heat pumps to replace fossil-fueled furnaces and boilers. We’ve grown into an organization of over 100 employees and have become the largest residential geothermal heat pump installation company in the United States. Our carbon impact to date is the equivalent to taking over 25,000 cars off the road... and that impact is accelerating with our growth!
Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts in geothermal, drilling, heat pump software engineering, HVAC installation, solar and solar financing, behavioral economics, and high-growth operations amongst other backgrounds. With the potential to catalyze and scale a widespread transition to sustainable and affordable heating and cooling, our work is both complex yet rewarding. We are working to create a wholesale shift in how people heat and cool their homes — join us!