At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong, Innovation Driven. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWXT provides safe and effective nuclear solutions for national security, clean energy, environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space exploration. With approximately 6,400 employees, BWXT has 12 major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. We are the sole manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide environmental remediation and nuclear operations management at more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT’s technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production in North America and microreactors for various defense and space applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
BWXT is currently seeking an HVAC/Electrical Technician for its Lynchburg Technology Center (LTC) location!
BWXT is People Strong, Innovation Driven - be part of BWXT’s innovation hub. BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) boasts a rich history steeped in innovation and performance. Our mission - to be a trusted provider of critical components and services to the United States government and commercial customers - drives everything we do. From the Naval Nuclear Propulsion program to research test reactors for our national labs to complex operations management, BWXT’s commitment proudly lives on through our talented workforce, state-of-the-art technologies, and innovative solutions. BWXT takes pride in its robust catalog of services and capabilities.
If you are looking for a career where your experience is valued, innovative thinking is fostered, and barrier-free teamwork is embraced every day, then this opportunity is for you. The position will be located in Lynchburg, VA.
Job Description / Duties:
- Maintain, construct and repair commercial and industrial types of HVAC systems throughout the site including, but not limited to electrical troubleshooting.
- Perform office and laboratory equipment installation and relocation.
- Execute preventative maintenance duties.
- Perform other building and grounds tasks as needed which include operation of snow removal equipment, forklift trucks, skid steer, etc.
Job Qualifications / Requirements:
- Must have at least six (6) years of related HVAC work experience. A degree may substitute for experience.
- Experience with VAV, makeup air, variable volume, commercial zoned systems, and Aaon HVAC equipment is desirable.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain respirator qualification.
- Must be able to work periodically in radiological controlled laboratories.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with no dual citizenship.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. citizenship with (no dual citizenship) ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.