Location: Vienna, VA, 2 days a week onsite is required
To research, evaluate, design, implement, and maintain system and product solutions, applying knowledge of engineering principles. To provide technical direction and engineering support for projects and infrastructure. Develop and maintain expert functional knowledge of evolving IT engineering industry technologies/competition, concepts and trends.
- Install, configure, tune and support IBM MQ, App Connect Enterprise. Ability to support WebSphere Application Server and IBM Liberty.
- Setup load balancing, clustering, and failover.
- Develop automation tools for Password management, Monitoring, Configuration and Deployment.
- Experienced with automation technologies such as Ansible and Chef. *Assist application and testing teams.
- Work with Vendor Support to assist in troubleshooting and resolving issues (open service requests and follow up with Vendor Support)
- Develop support documentation.
- Be available 24/7 to support staff in case of issues.
- Hands on experience in the installation, configuration, tuning/sizing, clustering, deployment and problem resolution of WebSphere Middleware Components.
- Ability to use or develop tools to automate maintenance, configuration changes, password changes, deployments and migrations of WebSphere Middleware components.
- Experience creating scripts (wsadmin, shell, Perl, ant, Jython, Python, Jacl).
- Ability to perform administrative tasks, download and upgrade firmware, create and manager user accounts and domains on the DataPower Appliances.
Nice to have: cloud-related experiences (Azure, Amazon cloud), OpenShift.