Stew Leonard’s, a family-owned and operated fresh food store founded in 1969, has seven stores in Norwalk, Danbury, and Newington, CT, Farmingdale, East Meadow & Yonkers, NY, and Paramus NJ. Stew’s earned its nickname, the “Disneyland of Dairy Stores” because of its country-fair atmosphere, with costumed characters and animated entertainment throughout the store that keep children entertained while parents shop.
Ice cream Host
Part-Time Hourly – starting rate $15+/hour
Ice cream Hosts interact directly with customers at the service bar by answering any questions, offering recommendations, and making their ice cream of choice.
- Provide exceptional customer service by greeting customers and answering questions
- Selecting, packaging, and pricing products ordered by customers at the service bar
- Clean equipment
- Operate cash register and receive payment in various forms
- Adhere to all health, sanitation, and safety regulations
- Assist in other duties, as assigned
- Making ice cream cones and cups for the customers choosing
- Packaging ice cream in quarts, cookies, waffles, etc. for display case
- Making candy apples, caramel apples, and other holiday sweets
- Assisting with coffee when needed
What you bring to the team:
- Safely use tools and equipment used in the daily operation of the department
- Great customer service
- Good oral communication
- Flexibility (must be able to work morning shifts)
- Ability to work on a team
- Great work ethic
- Problem solver
- Requires frequent walking, standing, reaching and bending, with occasional lifting up to 30 pounds
- Requires repetitive motion of arms and hands
Why you’ll love working here:
Family Oriented: We respect the personal balance between work and family with career opportunity and growth- over 80% of our managers have been promoted from within.
Benefits: High value, high-quality Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, 401 K plan for FT & PT team members, family & personal time, life insurance, and more!
Environment: Have you seen the Avocado Girls? Chiquita Banana? Or the singing Parrot?
We take pride in the power of diversity, inclusion, and being socially responsible to the communities in which we live and do business
For more information on working at Stew Leonard’s click on the link below!
Stew Leonard's is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.