The BI Technical Specialist will report into the Global IT Applications organization, with responsibility for analysis, design, development, configuration, customization, validation, deployment, and post-implementation support for enterprise Business Intelligence solutions. The successful candidate needs an in depth knowledge of OBIEE using Siebel CRM and Oracle E-Business Suite as the source systems. The reporting solutions will be based on the OBIEE reporting platform with Informatica as the ETL platform. The resource must have working knowledge of multiple Siebel CRM and Oracle E-Business Suite modules, including Sales, Marketing , Services, Financials, and Logistics. Must have knowledge across the entire BI technology stack (Database, ETL, metadata, front end development).
• Guide & mentor organization with the correct BI Design as well as data modeling
• Participate in Technical Design Document creation
• Collaborate with Technical and Business Analysts to design / extend the physical data model and security model
• Participate in the design, configuration, development, and maintenance of Siebel Applications, Oracle E-Business Suite pre-built DAC and ETL repositories and execution plans.
• Participate in the design, configuration, development, and maintenance of customized ETL mappings.
• Building the business model and mapping layer which may include hierarchies, dimensions, and aggregates.
• Provide an end to end BI solution by configuring metadata and building Analytics Repository, dimensional modeling design, building business models, generating reports and creating dashboards using Analytics and OBIEE.
• Install, configure, tune and manage the enterprise ETL layer for enterprise BI solutions
• Assist with continuous capacity planning and tuning for Performance for the ETL and OBIEE environments
The candidate must have the following competencies:
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of employees and management, capable of successful formal and informal communication, speaks and writes clearly and understandably at the right level required including the ability to articulate complex technical information in a clear, concise manner both up and down the organization
• Ability to work in complex business domains with rapidly changing requirements
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills - must approach problems and issues in a logical/systemic manner, research issues to the lowest level and resolve them decisively
• Strong technical knowledge of Siebel’s packaged BI Applications, including approach to implementing, extending and supporting.
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment with technical staff, and business experts to develop solutions to business requirements and client problems
• Self-motivated and able to plan work effort and manage to schedule and priorities
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or in related field.
• 5+ years of technical experience in data warehousing, data management and data modeling.
• Must have 3 years implementation experience with Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE) software
• Working experience with SQL, PL/SQL, Unix, shell scripting
• Demonstrated expertise in performance tuning enterprise-class BI solutions