Quality Assurance Inspector
Who are we looking for:
At AGCO, we believe that when our employees succeed, our business succeeds. It’s a people philosophy that we believe and invest in. We make sure all of our employees – in every function, every geography and at every level – have the tools they need to be successful and take charge of their career. Because when our people grow, our business grows. Every day. Every way.
The AGCO Parts Division has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance Inspector to join its team in delivering extraordinary results at the Batavia, IL Parts Distribution Center. The Batavia PDC is the master distribution center for North America operating around the clock to serve internal and external customers on a global scale. This is a role with growth potential and developmental opportunities.
What you will do:
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Identify and report faulty equipment, damages, and safety concerns to Supervisor immediately.
- Follow company standards and legal regulations to ensure safe and positive work atmosphere.
- Inspects parts/materials received from other AGCO plants and/or from outside vendors for compliance with specifications.
- Inspects returned parts/materials to determine if they can be returned to stock.
- Audits warehouse picking and packing procedures to ensure that quality, quantity, part numbers and packing methods are in compliance with company policy and regulatory requirements.
- Receives customer complaints and conducts quality inspections to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Completes and submits reports (Supplier Quality Report, Quality Defect Report) to document quality problems.
- Uses detailed specifications, written and/or oral instructions, blueprints and/or diagrams to accurately perform inspection tasks.
- Utilizes a variety of precision instruments and performs shop math calculations to conduct thorough inspections of various parts/materials.
- Manually and/or mechanically moves parts/materials (frequently weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally weighing up to 70 pounds), to and/or from specified locations for inspection and/or auditing purposes.
- Operates manually controlled or electrically powered side-loading or high lift order selectors, as well as gas or electrically powered forklifts, as necessary.
- Maintains accurate records in compliance with company reporting policies and procedures.
- Reports quality related problems and/or discrepancies to foreman.
- Performs other quality-related tasks as assigned.
- Communicates with Purchasing Department and/or vendors to report problems and/or needed changes.
- Checks hazardous shipments for proper labeling and packaging for shipment.
What you will bring:
- High School diploma or GED
A plus if you have:
- Prior Participation in a Quality Assurance training program.
- Background in heavy equipment, farm equipment or mechanics preferred.
What we offer:
Experience our global diversity and enterprising spirit while helping us create innovative technologies and a positive impact that helps feed the world’s nearly 8 billion people. From the day you decide to join AGCO, we want to engage and excite you and we’re clear on where we want to go as a business, and we trust you to help us there. Whether you want to learn a new skill or you aspire to do something different, we can help you develop the skills you need to take your career - and our business - to the next level.
We also invite you to “Make the Most of YOU” - Benefits include health care and wellness plans, flexible and virtual work options (where available), 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, paid holidays and paid time off, flexible spending accounts, reimbursement for continuing education, company philanthropic programs, company perks programs, and much more…
AGCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
AGCO is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural engineering with a portfolio of exciting international brands which deliver solutions to farmers in 140 countries through a full line offer from tractors and combine harvesters to protein production systems and smart farming software solutions – to an environment where the future is happening now. Join us as we bring agriculture into the future.