The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. We are a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
The Instrument Technician is responsible for maintaining all process instrumentation and controls throughout the facility to ensure safe operating practices. This individual wires, troubleshoots, repairs, calibrates, and maintains equipment to minimize downtime. The Instrument Technician frequently collaborates with engineers and electricians to complete work assignments accurately.
- Troubleshoots, removes, repairs and reinstalls various types of control loops, controllers, transmitters, automated valves and switches
- Troubleshoots and repairs instrumentation controlled by programmable logic controllers (PLC) and HMIs
- Effectively utilize test equipment, such as multi-meters, temperature and pressure calibrators and signal generators
- Reads and interprets drawing and wiring schematics
- Assists the Electrical Technicians as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED or relevant education from a technical or trade school
- Solid background in PLC programming, trouble shooting and control panel systems design
- Must be familiar with automated control systems and be able to read, understand and maintain electrical drawings and manuals
- Two years of plant maintenance experience
Knowledge of basic physics and chemistry; intermediate math skills with the ability to accurately measure and take readings. Knowledge of entire pieces of equipment including, but not limited to process control, motors, final control elements, electronics, industrial networks, signaling standards, fluid dynamics, etc. Knowledge of 4-20mA control signals; ability to read and interpret proportional, integral, derivative (PID) controller. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications to include, but not limited to Excel, Word, etc.
Skills: Must demonstrate initiative; be assertive, enthusiastic, accurate, and detail-oriented. Excellent attendance record and punctual. Required to operate a fork lift, and/or other equipment as needed;
Abilities: Ability to prepare basic written and/or computer reports. Ability to work independently or under minimal supervisor; a team player, and ability to work with multiple disciplines. Ability to read and understand all equipment and machinery manuals; ability to conduct research as needed.
Physical Requirements: This job requires the ability to work in excess of eight hours per day, off-duty hours, and weekends to reach operational goals and compliance requirements. This individual must have the ability to operate a front-end loader, forklift, and/or other motorized equipment. Job duties may require the ability to climb stairs, climb ladders, bend, stoop, reach, lift, grip, push, pull, move and/or carry equipment which may be in excess of 50 pounds.
Job Requisition ID: 15018
Travel Required: None
Pay Grade: Step and Grade
Location(s): FG Plant - Pasco
Country: United States
Wage range or rate of pay: $36.10/HR
The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
Attractive total rewards package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401(k) savings plan
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (where applicable)
- Relocation Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Education Assistance (where applicable)
- Benefits details available at simplotbenefits.com
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**