Who We Are Looking For
AGCO Grain and Protein is looking for highly talented CFD engineering intern for our Champaign, Illinois location or working remotely for the Spring 2024 semester and beyond. This is a paid, part-time internship during the Spring 2024 semester (10-20 hours per week) and could be a paid, part-time or full-time internship during the Summer semester (20-40 hours per week).
What You Will Do
Support engineering functions, performed by the engineers on staff. These activities may include:
- Provide CFD support through build of state of art CFD models to the finest details
- Interface with cross functional teams and conduct accurate CFD analysis, both at component and system levels
- Utilize model prediction to evaluate design options, and provide inputs for design improvement and optimization
- Get involved in test plans for validations of models/product performance
What You Will Bring
- Completed Bachelor’s degree and enrolled in MS/PhD in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering with background in applied CFD.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Fluid Mechanics, Heat & Mass Transfer and DEM.
- Some experience in CFD software e.g. ANSYS-FLUENT/CFX, OpenFOAM, STAR CCM+ (preferred).
- Experience with CAD Software CREO (preferred).
- Skills in handling complex 3-D geometry, mesh generation, and post-processing
- Ability to learn new application areas and capable of modeling complex geometry & physics with minimal guidance
- Excellent English written & verbal communication skills
A Plus If You Have
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
- Based on performance, this internship can continue across several semesters (i.e. full time in the summer, part time during the academic school year).