The world needs our help. Today 8 billion people live on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come.
AeroFarms is part of that solution, transforming agriculture with people and planet in mind. As a Certified B Corporation and pioneer in indoor vertical farming, we use our proprietary technology to grow produce using up to 95% less water and no pesticides ever. The result is a portfolio of products that burst with flavor, taste, and nutritional value. Leading the industry, AeroFarms has been named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies five years in a row, topped Fortune Magazine’s 2022 Change the World Company List, and was recognized as one of the 95 “Brands That Matter” by Fast Company.
Now in over 1,000 stores across the United States, we are scaling our award-winning brand and technology around the world. As AeroFarms approaches our next phase of explosive growth, we seek passionate and motivated individuals to join our team. If a team of intellectually curious coworkers and AeroFarms and join us to change the world as we grow the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity.
As an Inventory Specialist reporting directly to our Farm Controller at AeroFarms, you will play a pivotal role in maintaining the accuracy and efficiency of our inventory management systems. Your meticulous attention to detail will ensure precise tracking of incoming and outgoing stock, while your collaboration with cross-functional teams will optimize supply chain processes. With a focus on data integrity and timely reporting, you will contribute to informed decision-making and proactive inventory management. Join us in revolutionizing agriculture through your expertise in inventory control and your commitment to our sustainable farming mission.
What you’ll do
Core responsibilities include:
- Monitors and maintains current inventory levels, and tracks and investigates problems.
- Confirm and count daily/weekly cycle counting based on ABC logic.
- Make inventory movements based on FIFO against production plan, including allocations and consumption to work order postings.
- Collaborating with Logistics team in organization of inventory and verification of labeling of inventory
- Validates receipts are properly completed in the ERP
- Create and maintain data collection and analysis to make more informed decisions in regard to inventory management.
- Assist in other various tasks to help support multiple departments with inventory management.
What you’ll bring
- Must have passion for sustainability and the future of our planet.
- 1-3 years of Inventory experience
- Proficient in using and synthesizing data in Excel
- Must be analytical and a problem solver
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, Microsoft NAV or Business Central a plus
- Keen eye for consistency in data; driven by persistence to dig in until satisfied with the underlying details and their implications on the whole picture.
- Naturally attuned to designing and following good business processes, with a focus on optimization and continuous improvement.
- Proven ability to work independently on detailed tasks.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Self-motivated and highly productive
Internal candidates seeking a promotion must have completed a minimum of six months in their current role before becoming eligible for consideration.
*Please note that AeroFarms does not work with any external staffing/recruitment vendors. Any unsolicited resumes shared with the AeroFarms team will be considered property of AeroFarms and no recruitment fees of any kind will be paid or owed unless an existing recruitment agreement exists alongside with specific engagement for the role in question.