Syms Strategic Group (SSG) is seeking a talented Java Developer (ETL)
Department: Veterans Affairs
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Experienced
Security Clearance Level: Public Trust (MBI)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs ETL
- Performs maintenance and enhancements on a large-scale project impacting 10+ million Veterans.
- Monitoring log files and system processes for any kind of failure
- Comfortable working in a Agile environment
- Can read and follow code effectively.
- Capable of troubleshooting errors, finding root causes, resolving failure in real time, and recommending permanent fixes to the development team
- Flexible to learning and supporting new systems as they enter production.
- Able to work with nontechnical business representatives to fulfill their requests.
- Java: 5+ years experience
- Experience with ETL tools and performing ETL – This MUST be listed on your resume for consideration
- IBM Infosis.
- Data Gate
- Must have outstanding communications skills and the ability to work with large scale, geographically dispersed teams.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software/Systems Engineering, or equivalent technical degree
Years of Professional Experience
5+ years Java
Security Clearance Requirements
Must possess or qualify for a Public Trust (MBI)
- SSG will not make assumptions regarding your qualifications. Your answers to the mandatory screening questions must be supported by the information on your resume. Applications with inconsistencies will not be considered.
- Recruiters or Third parties will not be considered
- This is a 100% remote position. Applicants from CA, CO, NJ, NY will not be considered. All other U.S. based locations may be considered based upon individual qualifications.
- This is a 1099 position
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience supporting large scale federal government projects
U.S Citizenship is required for this specific opportunity. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be able to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to criminal history, employment and education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
Syms Strategic Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.