Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical and management services to support the U.S. government in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry. With approximately 6,100 employees, BWXT has nine major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. In addition, BWXT joint ventures provide management and operations at a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and two NASA facilities. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Laboratory Technical Unit Manager -- Nuclear Fuel Services, Inc. - Erwin, TN
Summary Description of Job:
Manage the Laboratory Technical section and ensure that laboratory technical services are performed in a cost-effective manner. Establish priorities in accordance with regulatory, contract, and NFS requirements.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Direct the work of chemists assigned to this section to accomplish the objectives of the annual operating plan.
2. Establish priorities for evaluation of systems improvements, utilizing new technology or better techniques.
3. Provide recommendations and justifications for the laboratory's capital budget.
4. Review and recommend approval of proposals for system and equipment improvements prepared by subordinates.
5. Review and evaluate the technical requirements of customer inquiries and regulatory change. Recommend response and methods of implementation.
6. Review and approve operating procedures prepared by subordinates. Ensure regulatory and customer requirements are met.
7. Direct the trouble shooting and repair of "out of control" analytical techniques.
8. Coordinate the preventive maintenance of analytical equipment and techniques.
9. Develop and administer programs to initially qualify methods and personnel.
10. Administer the laboratory program for preparation and characterization of standards.
Education Requirements of Job:
B. S. -- Chemistry.
Experience Requirements of Job (Beyond educational or equivalent requirements):
Over ten years of chemistry experience.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.