A Landscape Foreman is a supervisor position that is responsible for executing landscape plans, managing the project, and developing productive relationships with customers. Some Landscape Foreman may specialize in either enhancement or maintenance work, but all Landscape Foreman should be willing and able to perform either enhancement or maintenance work at the discretion of their supervisor. All employees are expected to carry out the company’s mission, vision, and values.
As a Landscape Foreman at Schill Grounds Management, you must be able to perform the following essential functions of the job:
- Execute projects such as hardscapes, outdoor lighting, and landscape/lawn installations from a landscape plan.
- Manage the entire scope of our projects including job layout, materials, and required paperwork.
- Use various equipment including skid steer, mini excavator, sod cutters, bush hogs, brick saws, transits, and various hand tools.
- Drive a commercial vehicle and pull a trailer.
- Manage, develop, and effectively communicate with your crew.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with our customers.
- Supervise a snow zone during the winter including managing crews, location, and quality control.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
JOB SKILLS AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships with customers
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be a creative problem solver with the capacity to innovate
- Must be team-oriented
Employees performing this job should be able and willing to drive or travel locally, if needed. Schedules for this position may vary and may require flexibility to work extended hours. Potential work hours during the snow season include nighttime, weekends, and holidays to participate with snow removal activities. This position will require working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions including rain, snow, sun, extreme cold or heat.
Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record to meet fleet insurance standards
Must be able to pass a drug and alcohol test
One year of experience leading landscape crews
Must have advanced mowing equipment experience
Previous experience setting up commercial mowing sites, preferred
Strong computer skills and the ability to adapt to new software programs
Must be able to move and/or lift up to 60 pounds consistently