About the Job
Enjoy working in the outdoors? Interested in learning more about California native and non-native plants? Be a part of our ongoing growth and success and join the Habitat Restoration Sciences, Inc. team! This position is responsible for working as a team member under direct supervision of a Crew Leader or Foreman. The work varies each day, but can include: vegetation management, weed removal, installing and maintaining plants, and installing and repairing irrigation systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with supervisor in installation of construction and landscape construction projects
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools
- Maintain and care for company equipment, tools and vehicles
- Perform highly physical installation work on a consistent basis
- Maintain a clean and safe job site
- Work as part of a team and take direction
- Follow all safety procedures on project site
- Always represent the company’s best interest, maintain the highest level of integrity
- Complete project daily reports if needed
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned/instructed by supervisor
Education and Essential Skills
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in landscape industry
- Valid driver’s license with a clean DMV record
- Ability to travel out of town/overnight
- Highly motivated, self-driven, detail oriented
- Great time management skills; available for seasonal long hours and weekends
- Punctual and dependable
- Ability to work effectively with individuals of differing backgrounds, knowledge and skill levels
Position requires consistently moving, walking, stooping and kneeling. Ability to push, pull, carry and lift over 50 pounds multiple times per day. Work outdoors in all types of weather conditions and exposure to elements 8 to 10 hours per day. Frequently walking on uneven terrain. This can include heavy to moderate noise, close proximity to moving equipment or machinery. Exposure to materials, tools, herbicides and equipment used in construction and landscaping.
COVID-19 UPDATE - Protecting the health and safety of our communities is our highest priority. Please note that due to the federal government’s recent Executive Order for federal contractors, HRS has adopted a policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions/accommodations based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Proposed Salary Range: $17.00 - $20.00 hourly*
*Final agreed upon compensation will be based on a variety of factors including but not limited to an individual’s related experience, education, certifications, skills, and work location.
About Habitat Restoration Sciences, Inc. (HRS)
HRS is passionate about helping our clients build native habitats. We are a full service native habitat restoration and general engineering firm specializing in installation and long term management of natural areas. With offices in Northern and Southern California we have the ability to provide services throughout the State.
HRS is a Dudek company. Dudek has provided its clients with environmental, permitting, planning, engineering, construction and operational services since 1980. Our crews team with Dudek biologists, landscape architects and habitat restoration designers, engineers and hydrogeologists to provide a turn-key solution to native habitat restoration.
As an employee owned company, HRS strives to provide our team members with a rewarding culture, training opportunities and a comprehensive benefit package. Please visit www.hrsrestoration.com to learn more!
Habitat Restoration Sciences, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
License #842661 – A & C27