The Commercial Grounds Landscaping Maintenance Crew Leader is a hands-on landscaping position supervising a year-round crew with commercial landscaping maintenance services as well as performing certain planning, administrative and regulatory functions.
Landscape Maintenance Field Manager responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervise and train maintenance crews on all aspects of landscape maintenance services
- Mowing, raking, digging and weeding of commercial properties landscapes
- Load and unload heavy equipment and planting materials from trucks
- Schedule and manage daily work loads
- Plan, coordinate, and collect equipment and job materials each day
- Attend and participate in crew and department general and safety meetings
- Prepare timesheets and other daily paperwork as required by the company
- Safe driving of company owned vehicles trucks (with or without trailers) and transporting crew members
- Maintain on site relations and communications with clients, contractors and/or subcontractors
- Monitor and maintain irrigation controller (changing times, replacing heads, etc...)
Safe operation and maintenance of the following landscaping equipment:
- Mowers - Push, walk behind and riding
- Tillers, aerators, and slit seeders
- Edgers, string trimmers and chain saws
- Backpack blowers and sprayers
- Hand tools such as shovels, picks, rakes and pruning tools
- On occasion wheel tractors
- All positions have opportunities for growth, providing the candidate meets the proper qualifications and ambitious work ethic.
- If this is not the right opportunity for you then please check out our available positions with Branches across the state in: Apex, West Charlotte, East Charlotte, Durham, Greensboro, Huntersville, Mooresville, Supply, and Wake Forest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- Bland Landscaping Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds on a routine basis
- Ability to bend and stoop on a continual basis
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to work around bees, poison ivy, pollen, thorns and other environmental risks
- Must wear work boots, Bland landscaping uniforms and present yourself in a clean and professional manner
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must practice safety at all times
- Must wear company-provided PPE
- Must have valid NC Driver’s license and maintain a good driving record
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Must be willing to obtain NC Pesticide applicators license
- Must have good communication skills and the ability motivate others
- Must comply with Bland Landscaping policies and procedures
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.