$2,000 SIGNING BONUS!!!
The Team Member performs a variety of landscape activities, including, but not limited to, planting, weeding, digging, spreading topsoil and other materials, general lawn maintenance, seasonal lawn preparation, and hardscape construction for residential and commercial clients, all under general supervision.
This position reports to a Senior Team Leader, a Team Leader, or a Team Leader Entry, depending on the assignment. The Team Member does not supervise any team members.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 90-days experience in the horticulture or landscape construction field
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and write (in English)
- Ability and willingness to work weekend hours
- Ability and willingness to work overtime hours when needed
- Ability to follow specific instructions
- Proficiency with all equipment listed in the “Special Equipment” section of this document
- Reliable and dependable
- Good communication skills, cooperativeness, and ability to work efficiently and effectively with others on a team
- Previous lawn maintenance and/or landscaping experience
- Understanding of materials, tools, equipment, and procedures used in the landscape maintenance and installation processes
- Previous work outdoors
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Preferred Licenses and Certifications
Position Duties and Functions
- Plant a variety of landscaping horticultural products, such as perennials, shrubs, trees, and grasses.
- Perform routine lawn maintenance, including but not limited to, grass cutting, lawn edging, weed pulling, and other activities.
- Perform seasonal lawncare duties, including, but not limited to, spring and fall leaf clean-up.
- Assist with preparing job sites and load equipment and materials on and off trucks and trailers.
- Move materials and equipment on and around job sites.
- Assist with maintenance or installation duties related to landscaping and hardscaping projects.
- Dig holes and trenches and excavate for hardscaping features using picks and shovels or related equipment.
- Haul or spread topsoil, gravel, sand, mulch, or related materials using wheelbarrows and rakes.
- Report any unusual pest, weed, or other problems to the Team Leader.
- Hand-finish grades and apply seed, straw, or sod, as needed.
- Perform routine construction tasks, such as building forms for concrete using hand tools.
- Respond politely and professionally to client inquires.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, including the worksite and equipment.
- Maintain assigned equipment and immediately report any damaged, broken, missing, or malfunctioning equipment and/or any safety concerns to the Team Leader.
- Apply chemicals under the direction of a licensed commercial applicator.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Frequent contact with coworkers; occasional contact with clients or client representatives. The majority of the work (95%) is performed outdoors with constant exposure to environmental and weather elements including, but not limited to, heat, cold, rain, wind, snow, grasses, dirt, bugs, plants, trees, shrubs, flowers, dust, and pollen. Work is performed in close proximity to machinery and loud noises. Frequent exposure to fertilizers, fumes, and lawncare chemicals. Work involves daily travel on public roadways to and from job sites.
This position requires the ability to work full-time (five days per week, minimum of eight hours per day) with extended workdays and weekend work during the season, at times with little or no advanced notice.
Must possess ability to efficiently and safely operate a variety of mechanical equipment and hand/power tools, including, but not limited to, mini skid steers, sod cutters, string trimmers, bed edgers, rototillers, plant augers, backpack blowers, and chainsaws.
Physical and Mental Demands
Requirements and Frequency
Lifting and/or Carrying
(51 to 80 lbs)
Lifting and/or Carrying
(up to 50 lbs)
This description may not be all-inclusive and is subject to change at any time. All team members are expected to perform other duties as assigned and directed by management. Position description and duties may be modified whenever deemed appropriate. When
applicable, Grunder Landscaping Co. will consider modifications to essential job functions to reasonably accommodate
a qualified individual with a disability, if such accommodation does not create an undue hardship.
Employment at Grunder Landscaping Co. is at-will. This position description is not intended,
nor should it be construed to modify this employment-at-will relationship.