Ulteig is seeking talented and motivated candidates for a Lead Civil Engineering Technician - Renewables role supporting private land development projects. The selected candidate will engage with Ulteig’s civil, structural, and electrical design teams and our clients to provide innovative, forward thinking design solutions to facilitate the development, design, and construction of renewable (wind & solar) projects.
What You’ll Do
- Will work with the project engineer to complete detailed engineering design solutions on projects as assigned
- Applies industry design standards on development projects and coaches others on the team
- Utilize prior design experience to proactively address potential design issues
- Help the team develop and refine design and drafting standards for projects
- Practices efficiency engineering as it pertains to design selection.
- Works closely with other engineering technicians and experienced engineers.
- Design will be primarily within GIS and CAD with an emphasis on site planning, data management, and design automation.
- Demonstrates a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Effectively communicates and interacts with clients to ensure we are meeting their needs.
- Works closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
What We Expect from You
- Associate or technical degree in Engineering Technology, Geographic Information Systems, or equivalent required
- Minimum of 8-10+ years of progressive experience to an engineering technician role or similar is required
- Demonstrated proficiency and working knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS or AutoCAD Civil 3D is required.
- Proficient at large scale data analytics and management, automation of design and data collection processes, and field data collection management tools are required.
- Proven experience in Microsoft Software Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project)
- Excellent presentation and verbal/written communications skills
- Must be analytical, self-motivated, and possess the ability to work in high-pressure situations while maintaining a positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Must have authorization to work permanently in the US
What You Can Expect from Ulteig
Ulteig is a purpose driven organization that has built a culture focused on people – both our clients and our employees for over 75 years. Working at Ulteig is more than a job, it means you will have the opportunity to make a difference by creating and solving for a sustainable future. We realize that a huge part of our success has relied heavily on the dedication and focus of our workforce; this is why we make investing in our employees a top priority. Being 100% employee-owned means, we take our own success and the success of our clients personally.
We offer our team members:
- Flexible Workplace
- Employee Ownership
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Collaborative Environment
- Innovative Culture
Our vision is to be the most trusted partners transforming our world’s critical infrastructure. Ulteig connects people and resources to develop compelling, integrated solutions across multiple Lifeline Sectors®, including power, renewables, transportation and water. Ulteig's footprint spans the country and leverages its expertise with a wide range of public and private clients.
At Ulteig, we deeply care and listen to the needs of our team to ensure they are comfortable and have the necessary tools to be productive whether they choose to work remotely, hybrid or in office. We strive to allow a balance and separation between home and work life and provide support and a flexible working schedule so that employees are able to focus on what's important to them. Our offices are currently open, and employees have the option of accessing them to work. We will continue to monitor and respond to COVID-19 proactively to ensure the safety of our valued employees.
If you would like to be a part of a company that empowers their employees, apply today!
Ulteig is a Drug Free Workplace
ACHIEVE | GROW | COLLABORATE
Additional Opportunity Details:
Position Mid-Point is $98,000*
* The salary displayed represents the middle of a range. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary include your job specific skills, education, training, job location, number of years of experience related to this role and comparison to other employees already in this role
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: to protect the interests of all parties, Ulteig Engineers, Inc., will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate or an approved vendor that has a written and signed agreement in place with Ulteig. Please do not contact or forward resumes to our company employees or locations. Any unsolicited resumes will be considered Ulteig property. Ulteig is not responsible for any charges or fees related to unsolicited resumes