At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong, Innovation Driven. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWXT provides safe and effective nuclear solutions for national security, clean energy, environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space exploration. With approximately 6,400 employees, BWXT has 12 major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. We are the sole manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide environmental remediation and nuclear operations management at more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT’s technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production in North America and microreactors for various defense and space applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Lead Test Examiner NDE/NDT Level III – BWXT Nuclear Operations Group - Euclid, OH
BWXT is looking for an ideal candidate to fulfil the role of a Lead Test Examiner. This role functions out of NOG-QA to manage, verify effectiveness and continuously improve the NDE training, qualification and oversight of NDE/NDT programs of other NOG facilities. This individual will provide technical counsel, interpretation of specifications and other support to the facility Quality Management and Test Examiner’s and their suppliers in order to ensure the highest level of reliability and compliance. Works with facility Test Examiner’s and Quality Management to resolve facility NDE issues. Perform source inspections on NDE/NDT and other related inspections at suppliers. Develop and administer training and testing programs related to both commercial and military non-destructive testing specifications as needed. Specifications include NAVSEA 250-1500-1, MIL STD 2132, NSTR-99, TP 271, TP 1688, ASNT TC1A, etc.
We will qualify you! Great opportunity for Level II NDE and NDT professional to get Level III certification.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in applicable field is preferred.
- Minimum six (6) years’ experience in NDT methods such as magnetic particle, Liquid Penetrant and /or Radiography. Experience in the Naval Reactors Test Examiner program desired.
- Acts as a resource to other team members; lead projects with limited risks and resource requirements.
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience in MT/PT/ and UT and general knowledge in related areas.
- Works well with people to improve inspection performance through procedure development and instruction. Can get a point across in many different ways.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on analysis of multiple sources of information
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others.
- Requires conceptual knowledge of and experience in UT area of expertise and can learn from other experts to develop additional skill sets and capabilities.
- Solves standard problems by analyzing possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DOE security clearance.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. citizenship with (no dual citizenship) ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.