Quest Global is an organization at the forefront of innovation and one of the world’s fastest growing engineering services firms with deep domain knowledge and recognized expertise in the top OEMs across seven industries. We are a twenty-five-year-old company on a journey to becoming a centenary one, driven by aspiration, hunger and humility.
We are looking for humble geniuses, who believe that engineering has the potential to make the impossible, possible; innovators, who are not only inspired by technology and innovation, but also perpetually driven to design, develop, and test as a trusted partner for Fortune 500 customers.
As a team of remarkably diverse engineers, we recognize that what we are really engineering is a brighter future for us all. If you want to contribute to meaningful work and be part of an organization that truly believes when you win, we all win, and when you fail, we all learn, then we’re eager to hear from you.
The achievers and courageous challenge-crushers we seek, have the following characteristics and skills:
Position: Wind Farm Designer
We are seeking a skilled Wind Farm Designer to join our team and play a crucial role in the planning and design of wind farm projects. The candidate to possess a strong background in renewable energy, engineering, and offshore/onshore construction, with a deep understanding of wind farm design principles and technical considerations.
- Implement GIS approach to assessing energy potential of the site.
- Gather GIS inputs to support design and construction and installation.
- Develop standards and frameworks for managing GIS.
- Develop and optimize wind farm / solar plant layout taking into account all project information and maximizing yield at lowest cost.
- Coordinate layout across all technologies and ensure interfaces during design are managed effectively.
- Design and support implementation of resource assessment campaigns (incl. strategy, specification, equipment selection, procurement, installation, quality and data mgmt.)
- Build engineering capabilities in resource assessment / modelling.
- Analysis and interpretation of measured wind data using state-of-the-art statistical methods.
- Modelling of wind flow using linear/non-linear wind flow models, including an understanding of uncertainty in the numerical approaches.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Civil, Structural, Mechanical, or related field). Master's degree preferred.
- Proven experience in Wind Farm Design, or related roles within the renewable energy sector.
- Strong knowledge of industry standards, guidelines, and regulations related to Renewable projects.
- Proficiency in relevant software tools for design, analysis, and documentation.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively in cross-functional teams and engage with stakeholders at various levels.
Join us in making a significant contribution to the renewable energy landscape through innovative wind farm design project. If you have the technical expertise and passion for sustainable energy solutions, we'd love to hear from you.