Who We Are
We believe that capital has the ability to transform communities for the better.
As an impact investor, Advantage’s mission is to bring businesses, resources and jobs to communities that have historically lacked access to investment capital, while also generating competitive returns for our investors, proving that conscious capitalism is possible. Since 1992, Advantage Capital has invested more than $3.8 billion in over 900 companies and projects, spanning a diverse array of industry sectors. We’ve built a sterling track record of public-private partnerships with state and federal governments and private institutional investors, directly creating tens of thousands of jobs, thousands of units of housing, and millions of kwh of clean, renewable energy in underserved communities and industries.
Let us invest in a better future together.
Our people love what we do. We fundamentally believe that capital can change lives and we go to great lengths to give our firm the opportunity to reach the hardest hit communities in the U.S. with much needed investment. For anyone considering joining our entrepreneurial high-performing firm, know that we value: a growth mindset (never fixed), a fast but enduring work pace (rarely slow), the ability to work autonomously (no micromanaging), getting things done (talk is cheap), an all-hands-on-deck culture (a true team), a love of hard-to-solve problems (that others won’t attempt), and the character to do the right thing (always).
Advantage Capital is seeking an LIHTC Asset Management. Applicant must have working knowledge of LIHTC compliance requirements with basic understanding of how to read and interpret operating and income statements. Applicant must also have the ability to independently interpret data, identify inconsistencies or noncompliance, and bring preliminary recommendations to supervisor when appropriate. Responsibilities and duties include:
- Maintain primary responsibility for assuring the quality of the transition of assets between the underwriting and asset management teams;
- Recommend and develop processes and procedures to support the transition function;
- Track receipt of financial and operational information from lower tier partnerships on monthly, quarterly and annual basis;
- Expedite collection of overdue deliverables by contacting property owners and property managers;
- Maintain and update data points in various spreadsheets
- Analyze and interpret data collected from properties for compliance with internal metrics;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports to supervisor which are ultimately provided to senior leadership;
- Assist in developing reports related to property performance;
- Review tenant files to determine compliance with LIHTC program requirements;
- Perform site visits, as requested;
- Assist in the gathering and review of documentation necessary to release equity installments;
- Analyzing lease up data to determine initial year credits;
- Reviewing/analyzing documentation supporting capital contribution installments and making recommendation as to whether benchmarks have been met – including debt service coverage ratio, stabilization, and economic/physical occupancy calculations.
- Other tasks as directed.
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); Adobe Acrobat; Trello
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Exceptional prioritization skills - must track and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Competency with basic mathematical skills;
- Associate degree in related field or 5 + years of relevant work experience
- Must be willing to obtain Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP) certification;
- 3 + years affordable housing experience
- 5+ years previous affordable housing experience in asset management, property management with emphasis in compliance oversight.
Perks at Advantage Capital
· Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
· Firm-wide retreats
· Service awards
· Company swag
· Holiday parties
· Gym membership
· Employee assistance program
· 401(k) with company match
· Employee stock program
· Training & development opportunities
· Paid personal & vacation time
· Paid parental leave
· Community service opportunities
· Paid parking
· Life insurance, disability, and long-term care
· HRA and HSA with annual company deposit
Flexible work from home options available.