At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong, Innovation Driven. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWXT provides safe and effective nuclear solutions for national security, clean energy, environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space exploration. With approximately 7,500 employees, BWXT has 12 major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. We are the sole manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide environmental remediation and nuclear operations management at more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT’s technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production in North America and microreactors for various defense and space applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Machine Finisher - BWX Technologies, Inc. - Barberton, Ohio
Our Machine Finishers will perform operations such as grinding, buffing, polishing, honing, and etching to machine, finish, and assemble parts and assemblies using drawings, sketches, and manufacturing plans.
Candidates please note: This position is available on our weekend shift which consists of twelve (12) hours on Saturday and Sunday and eight (8) hours on Monday (the eight shift could be Friday instead of Monday); work thirty two (32) hours and get paid for forty (40) hours. Scheduled off days are Tuesday through Friday or Monday through Thursday depending upon the shift. Training will be on the Monday - Friday crew before being assigned to the weekend crew.
Specific duties may include:
- Working from verbal and written instructions such as prints, process sheets, and sketches
- Performing finish machining functions by sawing, drilling, tapping, boring, counter-boring, spot facing, and portable milling
- Grinding, scraping, and lapping to remove burrs, contour blend, and polish
- Convolutes and involutes threads
- Hand working to a tolerance of ±0.003 and a 63 microfinish and machining to a tolerance of ±0.003.
- Identification of parts relative to the flow of own work
- Hooking up components/fixtures and assisting crane operator
- Operation of pendant and jib cranes
- Installing and torques lifting equipment/fixtures to components
- Assembling and disassembling components, tools, and fixtures
- Cleaning and painting components, tools, and fixtures
- Flushing and cleaning of components
- Masking and sealing components, establishing a clean area
- Assisting in loading and tying down components, fixtures, tools, etc. on trucks, trailers, and rail cars
- Working above and below floor level
- A high school equivalency with at least one year of relevant work experience
- Ability to work ANY shift
- U.S. citizenship with no dual citizenship
- The ability to successfully complete all pre-employment processes, which include a thorough background check, employment verification, reference checks, drug screen, and pre-employment physical examination
Pay for this position is $33.072 per hour.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.