Drill Cool Systems is looking for an experienced Mechanic for our equipment service yard. The Service Mechanic provides mechanical service support for building of new mud cooling units, and preventative maintenance on units not currently in use. Basic electrical experience preferred. Must have skill level in most if not all of the following areas: HVAC, pump equipment, electrical, generators, and general mechanical. Must be familiar with a variety of hand and power tools.
- Services company equipment by conducting inspections of electrical, air system, water system, mud system, structural and inventory. Descales unit and makes appropriate notification or repair for any failed inspection.
- Performs phase and motor rotation, and wires mud and HTF pumps. Understands and utilizes proper cable fitting devices and techniques.
- Repairs company equipment, including various components such as mud pumps, air systems, water systems, and mud systems. Performs basic welding, cutting, and grinding for equipment builds and maintenance.
- Rebuild centrifugal pumps and aligns with motors.
- Performs maintenance and basic repair on both 120Vac and 480Vac systems. Basic wiring including cutting and stripping, wiring electrical plugs and receptacles, up to 200 amps. Maintains proper wire termination and labeling.
- Maintains responsibility for systems testing and pressure testing equipment, and completes all inspection documentation.
- Supports builds of new equipment units including but not limited to the above components and systems.
- Conducts occasional equipment preparation tasks such as washing, painting, and setup.
- Maintains professional, thorough communication with company representatives and customers.
- Completes all required safety training and refresher safety training in a timely manner, utilizes proper PPE and follows all Drill Cool Systems, Customer and OSHA safety standards.
- Requires extensive use of Outlook, Excel, Calendars, OneDrive and smart phones to document equipment build or repair.
- Immediately notifies Management according to procedure regarding equipment condition, particularly when a problem arises.
- Performs occasional service to company equipment on customer drilling rig sites including occasional overnight travel.
- Strives to operate and conduct customer service in light of company Mission and Values.
Travel requirement: 0-10%
Starting Pay: $27.00-$32.00 per hour with occasional overtime opportunities
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required – high school diploma
- 5+ years general maintenance and/or electrical experience working with industrial equipment required
- Experience with servicing industrial refrigeration equipment and/or electrical systems preferred
- Working knowledge of the Office 365 Suite, computers, and smart phones
- Valid Driver’s License, insurable according to company policy
- Able to work overtime as needed
- Rig (drilling) experience a plus
- Moderate to Heavy manual labor, frequent fine manipulation, and constant standing/walking.
- Able to lift 50 lbs frequently and stand/walk for 8-10 hour shifts.
$27.00 - $32.00 P/H D.O.E.