At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong, Innovation Driven. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWXT provides safe and effective nuclear solutions for national security, clean energy, environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space exploration. With approximately 7,500 employees, BWXT has 12 major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. We are the sole manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide environmental remediation and nuclear operations management at more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT’s technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production in North America and microreactors for various defense and space applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Maintenance Technician - BWX Technologies, Inc. - Euclid, OH
Install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain equipment systems in accordance with codes, diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturers' specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring and testing instruments.
What we offer:
- Payrate: $39.61/hour
- Shift Premiums: 2nd shift = $0.90, 3rd shift = $0.80
- Unionized facility with 180-day probationary period
- Day 1 Medical & Dental benefits, Vision offered after 180-day of employment
- 401k Company Match
- Time Off:
- Active employee life insurance with supplemental opportunities
- Safety glasses and boot reimbursements offered
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain equipment systems in accordance with codes, diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturers' specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Diagnose malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures, using test equipment.
- Diagnose malfunctions in machinery in operation to isolate repair requirements.
- Replace damaged and broken wires and cables, using hand tools.
- Diagnose and replace faulty electrical components of machinery, such as relays, switches, motors, and position-sensing devices, using hand tools.
- At times, plan layout of wiring and install wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings [Electrician (construction) 824.261-010].
- Dismantle devices to gain access and remove defective parts using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
- Adjust mechanical devices and control instruments using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Repair or replace defective parts using hand tools and power tools.
- Operate tow motor, scissor lift, and boom lift.
- Perform preventative maintenance on machines.
- Set up and operate lathe, drill press, grinder, welding equipment, and other metalworking tools to make and repair equipment parts as needed.
- Edit and troubleshoot PLC's, using ladder logic.
- Repair facility-based systems.
- Move and install new equipment throughout the facility while checking level, laser geometry, accuracy, and positioning.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
- 7 years' minimum of experience in facility and machine maintenance.
- Certifications, Licenses, and Registration: NFPA70E and Electrical Safety, Industrial AC/DC
- Ability to troubleshoot and edit the ladder logic on Fanuc and Siemens CNC controls.
- Experience with Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Hydraulic, and Pneumatic systems.
- Ability to read and interpret complex circuit schematics, diagrams, and blueprints.
- Have working knowledge of building systems, such as: air, plumbing, roof, windows, doors, and structures.
- Experienced in construction, including building and structural codes, platform specification and fabrication, machining of components and foundations.
- Be willing to learn and be assisted by other operators on proper operational procedures.
- Be willing and able to perform housekeeping and other job-related duties as assigned by foreman.
- Demonstrate above skills by passing written and practical tests.
- Acquire power industrial truck license.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status