About Lemnature AquaFarms
We are a business-to-business plant-based ingredient manufacturer and supplier to the food, beverage, and nutrition markets. We are growing solutions to meet the diverse challenges facing our global food system. Starting with the all-natural Lemnaceae aquatic plant, we strive to create a model to feed the world and improve health with plant-powered foods through a global, highly sustainable aquaculture footprint.
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference and thrive working in a highly collaborative and action-oriented environment. Someone who brings a bold and creative mindset and has a great attitude and lots of enthusiasm. If this describes you, apply today and be a part of something amazing! Please visit our website to learn more about our company at www.lemnatureusa.com
The Maintenance Technician Performs preventive maintenance, troubleshoots mechanical and electrical issues and repairs production and facilities equipment to ensure equipment reliability. The position uses PLC programming, instrumentation control design, and troubleshooting.
The Maintenance Technician is required to undertake these duties with accuracy, speed, and minimal supervision. Safely and effectively use and operate hand tools, mechanical equipment, power tools, and light equipment required for the work to perform routine equipment maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair production and food manufacturing facility equipment to ensure equipment reliability, optimum performance, and safety.
- Able to navigate CMMS to find correct spare parts and check out them out appropriately as well as retrieve assigned work orders and close them out in the CMMS once they are complete.
- Repair and/or maintain the operating condition of food manufacturing equipment, for production, processing, and packaging.
- Perform inspections and conduct scheduled preventative maintenance of equipment, including pumps, valves, gears, and motors.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of tools, equipment, and spare parts inventory.
- Assist in the installation of new or refurbished food manufacturing equipment.
- Build strong cross functional working relationships.
- Communicates effectively to operations, maintenance, and management.
- Monitor gas, water, electrical, and other utilities across the site.
- Ensure compliance with all safety, GMP and departmental standards.
- Respond with a high sense of urgency during equipment breakdowns.
- Responsible for cleanliness of equipment, safety inspections and compliance with food safety.
- Assist with special projects from engineering.
- Punctual and excellent attendance required.
- Ability to work overtime including evenings and weekends.
- High School Diploma or GED and the completion of trades training, or 3-5 years of industrial maintenance experience; or a combination of education and experience. Previous experience working in a food manufacturing facility a plus!
- Knowledge of maintenance principles, practices, tools, and equipment for maintaining and repairing equipment, and related facilities is required.
- Strong knowledge of pumps, valves, gears, compressors, bearings, lubricants, as well as electromechanical devices and systems, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems
- Basic PLC knowledge
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Previous experience with piping systems, including steam, water, and chemicals.
- Working knowledge of welding, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and general industrial maintenance related work.
- Must possess strength, stamina, and mobility to perform medium to heavy physical work, access confined spaces, climb and descend stairs and ladders, operate varies hand and power tools.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Knowledge and compliance of OSHA safety standards
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- General computer skills preferred.
Lemnature AquaFarms is proud to offer its employees an excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, and 12-company paid holidays. Employees become eligible for benefits on the 1st of the month following their start date.
We also provide company paid Term-Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability at no cost to the employee, as well as a generous 401-k Plan. The 401(k) eligibility is available 90 days after the start date as part of the employment benefits package.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k & Roth IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity & Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability