Position Description for Maintenance Technician
Company: Quality Steel Corporation
Reports to: Department Manager
The Maintenance Technician ensures manufacturing equipment is effectively and efficiently maintained to achieve a safe, high quality and productive operation. The Maintenance Technician will use corrective, preventive, predictive, and productive maintenance to ensure repairs are achieved in a timely manner to support maximum production. The Maintenance Technician will assist in the upkeep and maintenance of plant buildings and grounds.
- Ensure Safety First, Safety Always and meet or exceed Quality expectations.
- Install, repair, and maintain equipment to improve operations and the facility overall.
- Perform corrective, preventive, predictive, and production maintenance to ensure optimal performance.
- Troubleshoot equipment and manufacturing issues in the process and facility.
- Inspect equipment, processes, and facilities to make improvements.
- Ensure housekeeping standards are maintained for all plant equipment and facilities.
- Analyze manufacturing processes, identifying improvements to maximize efficiency.
- Collaborate across operational and functional teams to resolve issues and make improvements.
- Communicate with suppliers when obtaining parts or making repairs.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment as needed.
- Maintain accurate documentation as required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in maintenance in a manufacturing operation, preferred.
- Computer knowledge and basic use of Microsoft Office.
- Strong experience with welding, preferred.
- Experience with problem solving methods and Root Cause Analysis problem solving, preferred.
- Experience working with hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Basic understanding of electrical maintenance, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in various environmental conditions (heat, humidity, cold).
- Skilled in working with computer-operated and mechanical equipment.
- Ability to safely lift/move up to 60 lbs.
- Proficient in the use of hand tools.
- Ability to receive and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Professional, positive approach working across teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members to accomplish departmental goals and to improve operations.
Education and Certification Qualifications:
- Associates degree preferred or equivalent professional experience in maintenance
Quality Steel is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.