Solution-oriented, operational, and strategic Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) with a solid foundation in all functional aspects of Human Resources. The HRBP serves as a partner to assigned client groups across EDF. They are the first point of contact for their client groups and provide HR support and guidance to employees, managers, and leaders. The HRBP, advises clients on strategic and operational matters within their groups, drives key HR initiatives, and handles day-to-day transactional issues. They assess HR-related needs and communicate these needs proactively between client groups and HR and work collaboratively with the HR centers of expertise to develop integrated, collaborative solutions. The HRBP works to uphold a positive reputation of HR with employees, managers, and leadership and ensures that EDF values are upheld.
The ideal candidate will be available for a hybrid work schedule in our DC office. We are open to candidates that may have a 2+ hour commute (MD, VA, Philadelphia, or NYC) and can commit to visiting the DC office 3 - 4 times a month.
- Provide client groups with trusted human resources advice in support of team and organizational goals while reinforcing culture, mission, and values of EDF
- Integrate the HR function into the everyday fabric of the organization by developing strong relationships with client groups, including a solid understanding of programmatic strategy and objectives and establish this position as the prime contact for assigned clients
- Partner with HR centers of expertise to find best practice solutions and to drive key HR initiatives with client groups (e.g., performance review program, DEI initiatives, succession planning, etc.)
- Support talent acquisition by reviewing and guiding clients with job descriptions creation and serving as liaison among the client groups, talent acquisition, and systems and compensation to help clients successfully navigate through the hiring process
- Coach and provide guidance to leaders in handling complex, sensitive employee relations issues; serving as a trusted advisor in guiding managers through the performance improvement process where needed, interpreting and applying company policies, procedures and labor law with a high degree of sensitivity and discretion, and conducting effective, thorough, and objective investigations as needed
- Participate in advancing EDF diversity, equity, and inclusion goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values
- Conduct research as needed to determine the effectiveness of HR initiatives and policies; formulate recommendations to policies, programs, and procedures to improve human resources operations
- In conjunction with other HRBPs, ensure that policies and procedures are implemented consistently across EDF, serve as an employee champion and change agent
- Manage and facilitate HR processes in order to execute day-to-day operations, using HRIS (e.g., Workday) and other systems as needed
- Keep abreast of current EEO guidelines, human resources legislation and regulations, as well as changes in the human resources field
- Serve as a mentor and guide for junior HR team members
- Additional relevant responsibilities as assigned
- At least 6+ years of relevant work experience in a human resources generalist role; experience with NGO and/or matrixed organizations preferred
- Demonstrated experience with employee relations required plus experience and knowledge-base across several of the following HR disciplines: organizational change, DEI, talent development, employment law, performance management, recruitment, compensation and/or benefits
- Bachelor’s degree required; HR certification preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills with a demonstrated ability to build collaborative partnerships with diverse populations and work effectively and diplomatically with all levels of an organization
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with strong organizational and follow-through skills
- Firm understanding of U.S. federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and human resources policies and procedures
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Ability to juggle multiple deadlines and initiatives with high attention to detail and be the driving force behind the completion of HR projects
- Able to work independently and with a sense of urgency and collaboratively as part of a diverse, geographically dispersed team
- Excellent judgement and discretion and the highest level of professionalism to manage sensitive and confidential matters with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Big picture and forward thinker with ability to develop recommendations for improving and streamlining existing processes and initiatives
- Knowledge of best practices from other organizations
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook; knowledge of HRIS and applicant tracking systems preferred (Workday a plus)
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Interest in environmental issues and advocacy a plus
Please include a Cover Letter with your submission.
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization. We take into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
Please note that pay ranges are country specific. As a result, the stated currency is not meant be converted into any other currency.