A thriving environment for learning, innovation and growth.
Why do so many people join MTS Systems Corporation and stay for a career? Because this is a place where you get to apply your creativity, work with smart people on fascinating projects, and make a positive impact on people’s lives. It is a place where you can learn, innovate and grow professionally.
Transforming what’s possible with cars, aircraft, bridges, wind turbines and space-age materials — this is work we dream about as kids. At MTS, it’s a rewarding career path for talented individuals who are willing to work hard, think hard, and commit to solving complex and critical challenges for our customers around the world, many of whom are leaders in their respective industries.
By joining MTS, you’ll have access to the latest tools and technologies, along with the support of colleagues who are passionate about their work. You’ll discover a dynamic culture of continuous improvement that extends to our people, one that offers numerous ways to expand your knowledge and advance your career. And because we are a global company, your work may also include world travel.
Seeking an experienced Manfacturing Engineer with focus on effective manufacturing processes. Will have the mindset of continuous improvement and experience in some form of lean maufacturing.
Develops manufacturing processes that achieve maximum process and cost efficiency while achieving performance and quality standards. Determines cost and routes for new product and maintains current products records structure to ensure effective control of documentation. Assures operational readiness; determines factory capability, work flow, space requirements, and equipment.
**Major Areas of Accountability:**
1. Develops methods for manufacturing as technologies and equipment change. Creates and maintains process documentation in support of these changes.
2. Develops cost estimates for new and updated products. Applies value engineering techniques to reduce manufacturing cost of existing products.
3. Assesses the overall manufacturability of new designs in terms of manufacturing efficiency and cost effectiveness. Provides input to, or determines, make/buy decisions based on cost, quality and capacity.
4. Provides alternative manufacturing or design options that ensure intended performance, quality, schedule and cost requirements, while allowing lead times to be met.
5. Provides support to internal groups and external suppliers in resolving quality, productivity and routine technical issues related to new and existing products during all phases of the product life cycle.
6. Assesses the need for capital equipment and tooling and manages the associated procurement and implementation.
7. Represents the manufacturing function on product and project development teams. Drives operational readiness in support of new product launch.
8. Assists with the qualification of new suppliers and components by determining and establishing requirements, in conjunction with other internal groups.
9. Applies lean methods, six sigma methods, and leads initiatives to reduce non-value add activity to drive productivity, enhance quality and maximize production resources.
10. Drives resolution of manufacturing issues to drive productivity, enhance quality and maximize production resources.
11. Strong communication skills and places emphasis on developing strong employee relations.
12. Other duties as assigned.
+ Bachelors Degree in Engineering
+ Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
+ Strong oral and written communication skills
+ Strong computer and software skills
+ Ability to work with a high degree of personal discipline
+ Good presentation skills
+ Technical aptitude
+ Willingness to provide support coverage on multiple shifts.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
_ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential._
_As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship._
_All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. _
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.