Uniper seeks a Market Risk Analyst to join its North American team
What we offer
At Uniper, we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and flexible working arrangements.
How we work
Our people are key to our success. Our core objective is to provide them with a supportive and entrepreneurial work environment that fosters collaboration. This allows our people to take responsibility and make optimal use of their skills. Together, we want to shape the future of energy.
What we are looking for
- Manage portfolio market risk: Analyze exposures, synergies, diversification, and concentration risk.
- Evaluate non-standard / structured deals and conduct ad hoc deal, cross-portfolio, and cross-commodity analysis.
- Support commercially and challenge Uniper’s commercial areas with analysis on trading strategies by providing comprehensive quantitative and qualitative descriptions of risk/return potentials.
- Define, align, and support implementation of market risk mitigation strategies across Uniper’s trading portfolio.
- Conduct scenario analysis and simulation by actively collaborating with the quantitative team to further develop methods for risk assessment.
- Represent and present the managed portfolio to senior stakeholders and management.
- Think commercially about the development and implementation of new products and hedging tools in markets and steer new business approvals.
- Build a solid, commercially oriented, cooperative environment with involved functions, encourage cross-team cooperation & communication on portfolio questions.
- Understand front to end processes and work effectively across all levels of the organization to challenge, promote dialogue and drive cooperation.
Who we are seeking
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics, Risk Management, Finance, or similar education.
- Strong analytical skills and working knowledge in SQL and Python.
- Familiar with option theory and risk metrics and ability to manage interface to Quant team and various functions.
- Background in risk management, finance or middle office role at an energy trading company or investment bank, preferably focused on North American gas markets and/or Environmental Products.
- Ideal candidate will have knowledge of Gas options, storage, transport, AMAs and other gas structured transactions and associated risks.
- Good communicator with developed interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to engage in balanced and independent interaction with commercial teams.
- Strong analytical orientation with a problem-solving mind-set.
- Ability to quantitatively analyze and identify risks using simulation-based modelling and other methods.
- Commercially oriented individual with strong focus on accuracy of information and attention to details.
- Strong team player with experience of working in an international and multicultural team.
|Contract type: ||Unlimited , |
|Working Hours: ||Full time, |
|Start Date: ||01/12/2022|
|Home Office in %:|| |
Uniper is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from appropriately qualified and suitable candidates regardless of gender, origin, disability, age, religion, worldview, sexual identity or family status. We promote diversity, equality and flexible working.