Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
_We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships._
_At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world._
_Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow_
**_Jacobs is the world’s top supplier of automotive test facilities, providing a full range of services to commercial automotive industry customers_** . Customers include not only the world’s major vehicle providers and other original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), but also clients from the international motor sports community.
Our experience encompasses virtually every type of automotive test facility, including climatic and driveability wind tunnels; aerodynamic, acoustic, and thermodynamic wind tunnels; emissions test rooms; soak rooms; altitude chambers; engine and powertrain test cells; and electromagnetic anechoic chambers. We not only design and build these facility systems assets but also operate, maintain, and manage these facilities.
**_Jacobs is in search of a Materials Compliance Engineer for the automotive test labs in Dearborn, MI._**
BRIEF OUTLINE OF SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
**Position Title: Material Compliance Management Engineer**
**_This is an entry level contract position for a junior staff member where all required technical skills and internal Ford processes can be learned on the job._** **The candidate must be a quick learner and very comfortable with data processing and MS Word products, specifically advanced Excel. The candidate should also have great communication skills and quickly be comfortable with emailing and calling internal and external contacts. Multitasking is required. The candidate must be able to meet deadlines as requested and be a real team player.** **The job will be a hybrid work model – partial on site and partial work from home.**
· **_I_** **_nterface with global external suppliers and internal engineers, functions and programs, cascade and implement Corporate requirements related to materials and substances regulations_** , e.g., Restricted Substances Management Standard (RSMS), End of Life Vehicle Directive (ELV), Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH), EPA/TSCA, Conflict Minerals Transportation regulations.
**_·_** **_Generate various regulatory compliance reports and conduct various analyses for programs/functions using Ford’s Global Material Management tools and the International Materials Data System_** (IMDS); facilitate and attend various compliance review/issue resolution meetings and vehicle program meetings to ensure material compliance.
· **_Complete required government material compliance documentation_** for RRR (recycling, recoverables and renewables) requirements for all vehicle programs going to Europe, China and South Korea.
· Maintain corporate RSMS restricted substance lists, maintain and improve various GMM tools/systems
**Here’s What You’ll Need:**
**MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND /OR SKILL REQUIREMENTS:**
· Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering
· MS Office Proficient
· Ability to query databases to extract reports and conduct data analysis using various software/tools, Excel, PPT, One Note etc
· Ability to write Macros is Excel/Virtual Basic preferred but not required
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated\_files/employers/eeoc\_gina\_supplement.pdf) .