Mowing Crew Leader / Mowing Foreman, you are a hands-on leader of 1-4 crew members. Together you perform quality landscaping services for our customers in a safe and efficient manner. This includes mowing, edging, cleanup of properties using a backpack blower, bed and pavement weed control, fall clean-up of leaves. . All employees are expected to carry out the company’s mission, vision, and values.
As a Mowing Foreman at Schill Grounds Management, you must be able to perform the following essential functions of the job:
- Manage the entire scope of our projects including job layout, materials, and required paperwork.
- Use various pieces of equipment such as a stand-on mower, riding mower, push mower, string trimmer, and various hand tools.
- Drive a commercial vehicle and pull a trailer.
- Manage, develop, and effectively communicate with your crew.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with our customers.
- Supervise a snow zone during the winter including managing crews, location, and quality control.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
JOB SKILLS AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships with customers
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be a creative problem solver with the capacity to innovate
- Must be team-oriented
We work hard to create beautiful landscapes in our communities. That includes working in various weather conditions, outdoors. Plowing ahead in this industry is rewarding. Expect to get dirty, get working, and get paid fast.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance