At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong, Innovation Driven. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Virginia, BWXT is a Defense News Top 100 manufacturing and engineering innovator that provides safe and effective nuclear solutions for global security, clean energy, environmental restoration, nuclear medicine and space exploration. With approximately 7,000 employees, BWXT has 14 major operating sites in the U.S., Canada and the U.K. We are the sole manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide environmental restoration and operations management at a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT’s technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production in North America and microreactors for various defense and space applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXT and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
BWXT is currently seeking a NDT Inspector to join our growing Quality team in Mt. Vernon, IN!
Responsibilities include the performance of both:
- Liquid Penetrant Inspection (PT)
- Magnetic particle Inspection (MT)
Additionally, the person in this role will:
- Work in accordance with written Quality Control technical procedures, manufacturing processing instructions, and verbal instructions provided by immediate supervisor.
- Identify defects, remove defects when directed using proper hand tools, prepare resultant cavities suitably for welding, chart general locations of defective areas, document non-relevant conditions with charts/sketches and proper written conclusions, maintain proper preheat controls during tests.
- Move materials, parts and components as directed.
- Work from written and verbal instructions and drawings.
- Inform proper personnel of test results.
- Be responsible for exact process and related documentation auditable by the customer.
- Maintain records as directed, keep work area clean, neat and orderly.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.