Why join Givens? Givens Communities continues to be a positive force and advocate for older adults. We have a mission to expand the possibilities of aging by improving lives through communities, services, and outreach. Givens Communities promotes Diversity and Belonging by aligning our words with actions so that everyone is welcomed and treated with dignity and respect. We continuously look for innovative approaches to achieve our sustainability goals and practices to protect our natural resources. Our collective mindset is to ensure the communities remain forward thinking and progressive as our residents seek a purpose driven life. Purpose..Passion..Possibilities.
We also have some pretty great benefits:
- $5,000 Sign-on bonus for full-time RNs! (paid out in increments over the first six months)
- Shift differential pay
- Three major medical health insurance plans to choose from with dental and vision coverage at no additional cost
- Free short-term disability, life insurance, & access to our employee assistance program
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Referral bonus program
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to a 6% matching
- Educational assistance & professional development opportunities
- Flexible spending account (FSA) & access to AFLAC & Prudential Life insurance products
- Plus so much more!
Givens Highland Farms, a premier nonprofit life plan community (continuing care retirement community) in Black Mountain, is hiring a FT Registered Nurse (RN) to join our health care team. The schedule for this position is 7am-7pm with every other weekend. This is a meaningful and vital position where you positively impact the lives of our residents, visitors, and fellow team members every day. We understand the importance of a healthy work-life balance, so we collaborate with you to offer flexible scheduling where possible.
What you'll do:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate resident care plans
- Be accountable for administration of drugs and therapeutic procedures as prescribed by medical staff
- Respond to emergency calls in the community
- Demonstrate ability to deal effectively with complex assignments and ability to organize and perform resident care routines at a proficient level
- Coordinate unit routines, provide guidance to staff and orient new staff
- Communicate pertinent information regarding residents and relays information in an accurate and timely manner
What you'll need:
- An unencumbered Registered Nursing license in the State of North Carolina
- Two years in long term care or with the geriatric population is preferred
- Must possess public relation skills, demonstrate initiative and be capable of working without direct supervision
- Maintain confidentiality of information in compliance with HIPAA
Compensation: $32.00-$36.00 per hour based on experience, plus shift differential pay and $5000 Sign-On bonus!
Still curious about what Givens is all about? It's kind of a long story, but at our core, we're a senior housing organization with a lot of heart and committed to providing housing to seniors of all socioeconomic backgrounds across WNC for more than 40 years. We already have four communities (two life plan communities and two affordable communities) with plans for many more in the coming years.