The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
The Office Coordinator is responsible for the administrative operations of the retail center, supporting sales, operations, and customers. This job performs routine but varied clerical duties in accordance with standard procedures. This includes clerical duties such as photocopying, compiling records, filing, reporting, posting information, and distributing mail. Applies knowledge of department policies and procedures, and utilizes a general understanding of other departments' functions. Maintains records, prepares forms, verifies information, and resolves routine problems. Duties and tasks are fairly routine. Refers questions and problems to higher levels.
- Be the main point of contact at the retail location for growers and internal customers regarding administrative functions and inquiries such as billing & invoicing.
- Performs general clerical duties as needed such as processing mail, filing, alphabetizing records, and completing forms and reports.
- Provide superior customer service, connecting concerned customers with sales or operations as appropriate.
- Answers telephone, takes messages or directs calls and places outgoing calls.
- Internally covers department phones during meetings
- Take orders, create delivery tickets for dispatch
- Operates office equipment such as copiers, printers, calculators, personal computers, may maintain office supplies and ensure the maintenance of office equipment.
- Greets and directs walk-in traffic, and coordinates various drop-offs and pickups.
- Provides assistance to job applicants
- Serves as central information and forms disbursement center
- Monitor and update point of rental equipment tracking
- Assists with community service and company projects.
- Schedules pool cars, maintains records, prepares reports and reports problems
- Promote and live the Simplot brand to our customers, employees and community as the best-in-class Agricultural distributor.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1+ years related experience and/or training
- Background in agriculture a plus
- Good knowledge of computer systems (inventory management)
- Organizational and communications skills
- Prior experience in an office setting (preferred)
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to use a 10 key calculator and telephone
Job Requisition ID: 14992
Travel Required: None
Location(s): SGS Retail - Kingsdown
Country: United States
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. **