This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more
information, please see:
https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/jobs/11057377 Invenergy drives
innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience
and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our
customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage
solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future.
We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
The Offshore Wind Cable Procurement Manager will support the development
and execution of Invenergy\'s cable procurement, contracting, and
execution strategy for its global portfolio of offshore wind projects.
Responsibilities include managing cable tenders for offshore wind
projects, collecting and analyzing market and pricing information,
conducting commercial negotiations, and review of technical information.
The position will have the ability to participate in formulating
commercial strategy, work in a multidisciplinary team, and participate
in contract negotiations for cable procurement with external parties.
This role reports to the Procurement BOP Senior Manager-Offshore Wind
- Collaborate with internal engineering, commercial, development,
permitting, project management, legal, finance, and operations teams
to define the project requirements and ensure the procurement for
cables and contracting approach aligns with those requirements.
- Establish and maintain internal pricing and market intelligence
databases for cable supply and installation based on continuous
market research, knowledge, and trends. Build and implement tools
and processes that facilitate efficient gathering, verification,
analysis, and communication of this information.
- Collect and coordinate the development of RFP requirements, define
RFP scope and define work-breakdown-structure for cables and cable
installation, including export cable and inter array cable for
offshore wind projects.
- Collaborates with package manager to ensure certification of the
- Prepare RFPs and manage the tendering process with internal and
external stakeholders. Review RFP responses to ensure conformity and
completeness of responses. Work with bidders to address any
- Collaborates with transportation and installation team to define
cable installation strategy.
- Work with origination, development, and engineering teams to develop
competitive proposals to customers, including through the
development of robust pricing proposals.
- Proactively identify risks to the successful completion of
Invenergy\'s offshore wind projects and work closely with all
stakeholders to mitigate risks, specifically relating to cables.
- Proactively identify opportunities to create value for the project
by reducing cost, improving the schedule, optimizing design,
increasing reliability, or minimizing risk
- Work with and manage external consultants as required to meet the
goals and objectives of the offshore wind procurement team.
- Coordinate with the project management team during project execution
to identify lessons learned and ensure they are implemented into
future procurement and contracting processes
- Participate in commercial negotiations for supply and installation
of cables, specifically export cable and inter array cable.
- Participate in commercial negotiations for project offtake
contracts. Ensure that terms and conditions are in line with market
expectations and align with all applicable project agreements
including construction agreements and project sale agreements.
- Create, maintain, update and track documents and data related to
renewable energy contracts.
- S rface and resolve issues in ongoing contract negotiations and
- Maintain existing commercial relationships with key cable suppliers
and endeavor to evaluate, establish, and cultivate new relationships
with strategic suppliers.
- Manage both internal and external stakeholder expectations.
Participate in community outreach and stakeholder events as needed.
- Attend conferences and participate in industry groups as required to
stay abreast of the offshore wind market.
**Experience and Skills:**
BS or MS in an engineering discipline
3+ years of experience in cable procurement, strategic sourcing, bidding
and contracting for utility scale renewable energy projects, including
Proven and influential verbal and written communication skills
Excellent organizational, interpersonal, leadership, time management,
critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
Experience with and technical understanding of large-scale renewable
energy projects is preferred
A desire to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
Strong skillset in MS Office products, particularly Excel, Powerpoint,
Word, PowerBI, Teams, Sharepoint, OneDrive
Ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects at one ti