AECOM has a position opening for an Electrical Engineer to support our growing offshore wind business with our Energy Business Line. AECOM's broad technical capabilities, global footprint and experience in executing large scale projects uniquely position us to lead in offshore wind. For this role, AECOM offers the freedom and flexibility to work remotely and/or be located at a variety of Energy offices located in multiple locations across the United States
Our team provides a wide range of electrical engineering services across markets sectors including transmission and distribution (substations, OH/UG systems, generator interconnections, interconnection strategy), power distribution (OH/UG power systems, substations, EV charging networks, microgrid design, etc.), renewables (Solar PV, Battery Energy Storage Systems, Wind), and next generation energy (hydrogen, fuel cells, RNG, etc.). As an engineering lead focused on wind energy, we are looking for a strong candidate with a power engineering background to promote our skills to new clients and maintain our existing client base. Qualified candidates will have a strong background in electrical power engineering coupled with project leadership experience.
The successful candidate is expected to be a detail orientated, experienced engineer who can make decisions independently. Along with your technical excellence, you will also be expected to provide mentorship for the other electrical engineers in our Power engineering group. The focus of the experience must be in the power industry associated with electrical engineering and design of high voltage (AC and DC) transmission systems for terrestrial and offshore projects.
The responsibilities of this role also include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Responsible for the electrical engineering design work on assigned projects
- Collaborate with Chief Electrical Engineer and Engineering Director on strategic approaches to offshore win
- Provide mentorship to other electrical engineers within the Energy Center of Excellence and other remote teams
- Supporting the Chief Electrical engineer on developing workload forecasts, design schedules and budgets for electrical engineering work activities.
- Function as the “Engineer of Record” on projects
- Perform Power system studies
- Support company business development activities as it relates to renewable wind energy project
- Perform technical project risk assessment and due diligence
- Collaborate with environmental team members in support of permit/agency filings
- Promote client’s best technical interest in owner’s engineer role
- Generate applicable electrical engineering deliverables to support all phases of scope development – Feasibility through Detail Design (e.g. offshore substations, subsea cable design, collection systems, transmission to shore, landfall interface,)
- Develop construction and equipment specifications (e.g. converter stations)
- Support projects during construction, start-up, and commissioning
- Review of engineering work performed by peers
- Occasional travel to client and/or project sites
Level specific responsibilities:
- Serves as lead engineer / engineer of record on mid- to large size projects and programs
- Provides specialized technical input to studies and design for staff's specific area of expertise.
- Provides technical expertise for studies and design efforts.
- Presents complex technical solutions to clients.
- Performs quality control reviews of work developed by others.
- Participates in development of technical proposals.
- Provides estimates for the engineering budget and schedule
AECOM’s Energy practice provides a wide range of services from consulting and engineering design to energy engineering, energy procurement and construction (EPC) for power, energy efficiency, and renewable energy clients. Our understanding of the big picture – and the interconnection between generation, distribution, storage, and the demand side of the meter – allows us to deliver holistic strategies that improve and modernize next generation energy infrastructure. We connect knowledge and experience across our global framework to bring together a unique combination of engineers, planners, scientists, and project managers who advance cleaner, secure, and more sustainable energy solutions.