RCG is an integrated market intelligence, management consulting and technical advisory firm. What makes us different is that we are focussed solely on the renewable energy sector. We support mainstream and emerging technologies, such as floating wind, and serve the organisations leading the transition to a low carbon economy. We are delivering a new kind of renewable energy consulting – one that combines technical rigour with real-world experience and a deep understanding of market regulations and dynamics.
RCG recently became part of ERM, the world’s largest pure-play sustainability advisory firm. The acquisition provides growth opportunities and expands our worldwide capabilities to support clients across the entire lifecycle of floating offshore wind projects, from market intelligence and strategy development through to the development, construction, operations, and decommissioning of projects.
RCG has offices in London, New York, Glasgow, Southampton, Vancouver, Barcelona, Tokyo, and Taipei. ERM operates in over 40 countries and territories, working out of more than 160 offices.
Roles and Responsibilities
The role of Offshore Wind Technical Advisory Lead is to manage and execute projects and support in the generation of revenue opportunities related to new and existing clients. Principals also play a role in professional development of the organisation by mentoring junior staff.
Key responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage, and contribute to as subject matter expert (SME), consulting engagements in the renewable energy sector, particularly technical due diligence (TDD), vendors due diligence (VDD), and lenders technical advisory (LTA) for offshore wind projects, globally.
- Assemble and lead project teams delivering on complex client engagements and ensure high quality work products and the effective use of resources.
- Structure content and author substantive sections of technical reports, and direct mid and junior staff contributions to technical reports.
- Assist regional business heads and practice leads in securing new consulting engagements.
- Develop long-term client relationships and seek opportunities for follow-up work with clients.
- Identify, support, and help develop service proposals for new and existing clients, from pre-RFP preparation to proposal production to close-out.
- Actively team with colleagues in other offices, regions, and practices to identify and pursue opportunities and generate revenue.
- Prepare and deliver reports, presentations, and other documents for client deliverables and for other stakeholders.
- Contribute to renewable energy market thought leadership, internal research, and model development and design.
- Build, manage, and maintain client relationships.
- Contribute to a vision for the future of the company that reflects the changing marketplace and creates a competitive advantage for RCG.
- A desire for business development and improving client service experience.
- Provide leadership by modelling high standards of performance and professionalism.
- Develop and maintain a high level of personal credibility and manage work ethic of staff.
- Demonstrate strong negotiation and facilitation skills with the ability to motivate, persuade and build consensus.
- Contribute to the sourcing, selecting, developing and training of talent in conjunction with the relevant regional business leader and other members of the management team.
- Focus on the professional development of self and that of the junior staff.
- Master’s degree or higher in engineering, environmental sciences, renewable energy technology, business administration, and/or related discipline.
- Minimum six (6) years of experience in the offshore wind energy business (e.g., advisory, project development, permitting, construction, asset management).
- Relevant professional and/or Industry certifications.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Track record of business development, collaborative sales pursuits, and client service.
- Demonstrated thought leadership through industry publications and related forums.
- Proficiency with standard industry software tools.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Frequent communication with clients and co-workers and ability to share information effectively.
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Flexible and responsive in managing multiple projects simultaneously, sometimes in high-pressure situations.
- Self-motivation with ability to work independently.
- Ability to plan, direct, and coordinate work activities of others.
- Frequently travels by airplane, train, or car as necessary to perform work at various locations.
RCG is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
For the Principal, Wind Offshore (RCG) position, we anticipate the annual base pay of $120,000 – $150,000. An employee’s pay position within this range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs. We also may have instances where employee’s fall outside of the range based on the factors noted above. This job is also eligible for bonus pay.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits to eligible employees.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world’s leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our “boots to boardroom” approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!