Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is seeking a Social Media Assistant to support the mission of Grand Canyon University through GCE's Online Marketing department.
Purpose within the Organization:
This person will be responsible for assisting with the development of content for GCU’s official social media entities and monitoring online conversations about GCU.
Equipment Used and Responsibility:
- Laptop capable of running Adobe Suite Products
Responsibilities Related to Purpose:
Posting information about campus events.
Communicating important campus notices (i.e. parking advisories, housing information, finance and academic deadlines).
Monitoring outside conversations on social media via online platforms.
Designing messaging plans for large campus initiatives.
Assisting with social media reporting and monitoring.
Outstanding organizational, writing, and communication skills.
A sense of urgency for responding to student needs.
Understanding of the audiences you are communicating to/with.
The ability to develop appropriate responses with customer service in mind.
Advanced knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
Understanding of administrator functions in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
Experience with Hootsuite or similar social media management tool preferable.
Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Suite.
Experience with writing for a brand preferred.
Photography and Videography skills a plus.
Knowledge of AP Style a plus.
Design skills a plus.
Grand Canyon Education is committed to a student first policy.
Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s program or Master’s program.
Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following physical demands are estimated by the amount of time spent. Usually, the amount of time spent will be estimated on a daily basis, but depending on the position could be estimated on a weekly basis or a monthly basis.
Constantly: 60%+ or 5-8 hrs/shift Occasionally: 10%-25% or 1-2 hrs/shift
Frequently: 25%-60% or 4-5 hrs/shift Rarely: <10% or less than 2 hrs/shift
- Work is characterized as more than 50% sedentary performed primarily at a desk in an office environment.
- Constantly involved in using a computer QWERTY keyboard inputting data, preparing reports on a computer or laptop; constantly involves the use of hands, wrists, fingers, shoulders and forearms for keyboarding and movement of a mouse.
- Constantly involves the use of a computer monitor to see, review, read, research, identify data, compare data, identify errors, reconcile information.
- Constantly involves close up work with the computer monitor to review, track and respond to conversations, discussions, post information, etc.
- Rarely involves standing, walking, reaching, grasping, bending, stooping, climbing.\
- Occasionally requires the ability to move about the office and rarely to move about the campus.
- Rarely involves lifting of up to 25 pounds.
- Frequently involves the ability to communicate with others through a variety of means including in person, telephonically or other readily available technology, requiring the ability to speak and hear.
- Constantly requires mental acuity for planning, organizing, assessing information; multi-tasking; use judgment; formulate recommendations; and problem solving.
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Number of Openings: 5
Anticipated End Date: September 30, 2023
Manager: Digital Content Marketing Services - Manager