Butterball Farms, Inc. is a world-class food manufacturer on a mission to Enrich Lives and has been recognized as a West Michigan and National Best and Brightest Company to work for. With over 60 years in the industry Butterball Farms, Inc. works hard to enrich the lives of our customers, employees, and communities. We imagine butter differently, have a highly recognizable client list, and are known by our customers for our innovation, reliability, responsiveness, and our value-add approach to business. Our amazing culture is recognized globally. We are financially sound, rapidly growing, and poised for continued success.
Butterball Farms, Inc. is currently looking for an Opener on our 2nd Shift who is able to follow processes and work in a team environment. If this sounds like you take a look at this great opportunity!
*Up to $800 Sign-On Bonus for Successful Candidates- Details shared through the Interview Process*
Pay Rate: $17.00 Per/hour + $.75 Shift Premium (2:00 PM - 11:00 PM Mon-Fri, occasional Saturdays may be required)
Schedule: 1st 5AM - 2PM (2:00 PM - 11:00 PM Mon-Fri, occasional Saturdays may be required)
As an Opener you will be responsible for incoming/outgoing product (raw) in tempering room for opening necessary raw product for production schedule.
Individual tasks related to the duty:
- Review schedule given by Processing Team Leader to evaluate how much product to open for the day
- Use I-Pad based software to record and track OEE and Compliance
- Assess temp room area for any open product from previous day
- Determine how much inventory is needed prior to start of shift
- Remove boxed 50 lb. blocks from boxes and place on empty pallet for restacking (transferring to prep for Thrower)
- Wrap and move opened blocks to designated area in temp room and transport to grinders as needed for Throwers
- Stack corrugate from open blocks on pallet and transport to compactor near dock area
- Maintain the cleanliness of temp room during shift and at the end of the shift
- Maintain pallet stacks to maintain flow of product (dock will pick up to place product on)
- Stack used boxes on pallet for waste
- Meet production standard rate
- Follow all safety rules and precautions
- Utilize designated Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Great room for growth & advancement
- A culture that celebrates innovation, continuous improvement, personal development, and diversity
- 2nd/3rd Shift Premiums
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- 401K Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Access to The Source
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive Benefits plan- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Critical Illness, Flex Spending, Dependent Care, Accident Insurance
You can apply and learn more about us at www.butterballfarms.com.
Butterball Farms, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
We believe a successful Opener will have the following qualifications:
- Education/Certificates/Licenses/Experience: High School Diploma or GED
- Licensed as hi-lo driver
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- General math skills for adding and subtracting
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Ability to consistently follow process including standard work instructions
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to read and understand instructions
- Flexible with work schedule to accommodate high volume
- Ability to write to fill out paperwork
- Ability to operate a hi-lo
- Ability to use a hand jack
- Ability to cross train and perform other functions in other parts of processing areas
- NOTE: Equivalent combinations of education and experience that can be shown to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be evaluated on an individual basis.
Essential Physical Requirements of position:
- This position require continuous: (continuous = 67-100% of the time) Seeing, lifting, reaching, standing and repetitive hand motions.
- This position can require frequent: (frequent = 33-66% of the time) Kneeling, grasping, talking, hearing, walking, driving, bending at waist and twisting upper body
- This position can require occasional (occasional = up to 33% of the time) Stooping, crouching, reaching, and pushing
Physical effort of the job:
Frequent sedentary (up to 10 pounds) lifting and carrying.
Frequent medium (up to 50 pounds) lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling.
Occasional light (up to 20 pounds) lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling.
Occasional heavy (up to 100 pounds) and very heavy (over 100 pounds) lifting, carrying,
pushing and pulling.
Working environment: Production/processing environment (cold temperatures may range from
45 degrees to some occasional freezer exposure of -10 degrees).