The Operations Manager will effectively lead, direct and manage all activates related to facility operations for an end of line terminal that are related to overall dock and city operations to ensure continuous improvement of operational efficiencies while reducing costs and to meet or exceed customer expectations.
**ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES**
1. Direct and coordinate operations to obtain optimum use of equipment, facilities and personnel to meet customer needs.
2. Analyze data for staffing and manpower planning and implement action plans to correct performance issues and maximize operations productivity.
3. Ensure necessary resources of labor, equipment and time are available to all employees to allow maximum productivity of operations staff.
4. Manage dock and City operations to budget and is responsible for achieving service growth and OR goals.
5. Recruit, develop and retain qualified personnel to ensure effective operations in support of company’s mission and goals. Responsible for the selection, training, motivation and discipline of terminal employees.
6. Conduct performance reviews and focuses on development and career planning.
7. Establish and maintain a good working relationship with labor by resolving problems in a fair and timely manner.
8. Administer safety programs which encourage a safe work environment and focus on prevention of accidents and injuries.
9. Ensure compliance with government and company regulations, policies and procedures.
1. Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
2. Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
3. Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
4. Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
5. Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
6. Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
7. Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
+ Competitive pay based on experience
+ Employee selected medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
+ PTO and paid holidays
+ 401k Retirement Plan
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
2. Three (3) years of supervisory experience.
3. Experience in the transportation industry with a deep knowledge of operations and logistics.
4. Effective organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
5. Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
6. Demonstrated Leadership and supervisory capabilities.
7. Must be flexible, willing to work any schedule, including weekends and holidays, in all types of weather.
1. Bachelor’s degree in transportation, business, engineering or related area.
2. Knowledge of local applicable collective bargaining agreements.
3. Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
4. Safety/OSHA knowledge or certifications.
Environmental working conditions vary and employee may encounter vibration, noise, odors, and extremes in temperature and wind as well as exposure to varied weather, varied surfaces, sharp edges, varied lighting and confined and congested areas and occasionally exposure to petroleum-based products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, oil, and grease.
The position requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, and maintain balance for extensive periods of time. Seldomly lift up to 10 lbs. Ability to perform repetitive tasks; stretch, turn, twist, and reach overhead; bend, crouch, squat, kneel and stoop for extensive periods of time. The ability to operate a forklift, dolly, hand truck, pallet truck, carts, and other equipment is necessary for loading and unloading freight.
**Yellow Corporation, along with all subsidiary companies, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer**