Responsible to direct and manage all activities related to drivers and dockworkers. Utilize resources to move freight in the safest and most cost-effective manner to meet or exceed customer expectations.
**ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES**
1. Develop daily delivery plan utilizing equipment, manpower, and other resources to ensure effective and efficient operations and that work assignments are completed properly.
2. Supervise all activities of drivers and dockworkers responsible for efficient loading/unloading of trailers along with productive pick-up and delivery of freight at customer locations.
3. Ensure necessary resources of labor, equipment and time are available to all employees to allow maximum productivity of operations staff.
4. Speak to employee groups and conduct effective pre-shift meetings.
5. Ensure load quality, timelines, and work efficiency goals are met.
6. Interact daily with internal and external customers to deliver exceptional customer service to meet and exceed customer expectations and provide on-time and quality delivery of freight.
7. Recruit, develop and retain qualified employees to ensure effective operations in support of company’s mission and goals. Responsible for the selection, training, motivation and discipline of employees.
8. Communicate company safety program, trains, and enforces safety rules and compliance with all government regulations.
9. Administer safety programs which encourage a safe work environment and focus on prevention of accidents and injuries.
10. Complete necessary paperwork/data entry accurately and in a timely manner to ensure an efficient and steady flow of information.
11. Ensure compliance with government, company, and local labor regulations, policies, and procedures.
+ Competitive pay based on experience
+ Employee selected medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
+ PTO and paid holidays
+ 401k Retirement Plan
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Effective organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
3. Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
4. Demonstrated Leadership and supervisory capabilities.
5. Must be flexible, willing to work any schedule, including weekends and holidays, in all types of weather.
1. Bachelor’s degree in transportation, business, engineering, or related area.
2. Experience in the transportation industry with knowledge of operations and logistics.
3. Knowledge of local applicable collective bargaining agreements.
4. Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
5. Safety/OSHA knowledge or certifications.
Environmental working conditions vary and employee may encounter vibration, noise, odors, and extremes in temperature and wind as well as exposure to varied weather, varied surfaces, sharp edges, varied lighting and confined and congested areas and occasionally exposure to petroleum-based products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, oil, and grease.
The position requires the ability to stand, walk, and maintain balance for extensive periods of time. Continually speaking and hearing, giving and receiving directions. Occasionally sit. Seldom lift up to 50 lbs. Seldom perform repetitive tasks; stretch, turn, twist, and reach overhead; bend, crouch, squat, kneel and stoop.
**Yellow Corporation, along with all subsidiary companies, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer**
**Requisition ID** : 4186